Random Music Talk LXXIII: Mayan Apocalyspe Never Tear Us Apart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been the world's biggest Dazed and Confused fan. It's pretty cool, you know, Jimmy Page is doing some neat guitar things with the bow and what not, but the song takes too long to build up speed. I changed my mind about the song today though, and it's mostly because John Bonham is a total badass. After the wank break in the middle of the track, Bonham flies back in with these nasty fills, just tearing the fuck out of his kit. It's beautiful. He's great on the whole track, but picking up on that one part made my day.

Between that and re-discovering how great Communication Breakdown is, the debut is starting to climb after years of stalling in the middle of my rankings. You Shook Me and I Can't Quit You Baby are serviceable but hold the album back.

Agreed with all of this aside from the ranking. I'd probably put it above only In Through The Out Door. Presence has higher peaks (like Achilles' Last Stand).

I'm not saying this sarcastically, but there's no eject button next to where you put it in?
Nah, it's one of those ones where you have to push it to get it to eject.

So, my father was able to get the card out of the computer and it's fine, my mother's pictures are intact. I did break the SD card slot in my attempts to rescue the Memory Stick, however, so that's toast. It no longer reads cards and the push-ejection no longer functions. I don't use it very much, though, so I'm not too concerned. I'm just glad the card got out.

Nah, it's one of those ones where you have to push it to get it to eject.

So, my father was able to get the card out of the computer and it's fine, my mother's pictures are intact. I did break the SD card slot in my attempts to rescue the Memory Stick, however, so that's toast. It no longer reads cards and the push-ejection no longer functions. I don't use it very much, though, so I'm not too concerned. I'm just glad the card got out.

Sorry that it broke, but something like that can be replaced, pictures can't, so I'm very glad to hear you got the card out.

There's no nice way to say this, so here it goes:

Can someone explain to me the whole U2BROTHR phenomenon? Like, why does this guy have a documentary about him? Cuz he has a yellow car?

I don't get it.

FWIW, Paul McGuiness says to expect a new album next year at the end of this otherwise pointless article.

I, uhh, didn't make it that far down the page.

:drool:

Me too. Especially since they weren't my pictures.

And by "me too" he really means "thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it" because just saying "me too" would be ridiculous, because obviously Dan's happy about it, kind of goes without saying.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

I suspect you're just fucking with Peef here, and this isn't meant as a slight against Ashley or the general compassionate/empathetic nature around there parts, but I imagine there are some of us who don't feel like every little bump in the road in our personal lives requires some kind of community healing sentiment? And that Peef's failure (and I don't use that word in a pejorative sense) to publicly acknowledge Ashley's gesture isn't necessarily rude?

Also, I have a hangnail.

Thanks buddy. :hug:

adam-clayton-1_114_1142346a.jpg

Oh, and, yes, I'm fucking with the Little Lord but it's of course rooted in this being a pet peeve (Peef) of mine. Agreed, not everyone needs every little bump in the road of theirs recognized and commented upon, but he did reference it like 2-3x, didn't seem outrageous for someone in here to offer slight sympathy.

And, I tend to err on the side of being polite, internet or not.....but you balance that out so it's all good, cockmix. See what I'm saying?

YEEEEEEEEEEEHA!

IMG_0342-1-1.jpg

For what it's worth, I never felt slighted from a politeness aspect.

And initially, I was attempting technical help, basic though it was.

But, uh, you two keep doing what you're doing. It's amusing the hell out of me.

It had something to do with Paul McGuinne$$ as Palpatine. That's all I remember.

Historian?

I thought it was Jay Leno. Go figure.

Powerjuice move of the day: Showing up at work for 4 hours, then walking out and saying "see you fucks on Janaury 2nd". Could I have just not shown up at all today? Sure, but then people might have thought I was out of town. This way, they know I'm here but I'm STILL not at work. That's power. That's juice.

That's Powerjuice.

The Killing!......

I would have punched that blizzard in the face were it possible.

I would have high fived OTH in the hand were it possible.

Powerjuice move of the day: Showing up at work for 4 hours, then walking out and saying "see you fucks on Janaury 2nd". Could I have just not shown up at all today? Sure, but then people might have thought I was out of town. This way, they know I'm here but I'm STILL not at work. That's power. That's juice.

8/10

You should've Skyped in from the bar down the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom