Random Music Talk LXXIII: Mayan Apocalyspe Never Tear Us Apart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas, you crazy bastages!

0re8z.gif

And I came out of Les Miserables just about sobbing*, so it's just a feel-good kind of day. :wink:

*I am physically incapable of making it through any version of the musical without crying through half the songs, so this was not really a surprise.

And I came out of Les Miserables just about sobbing*, so it's just a feel-good kind of day. :wink:

*I am physically incapable of making it through any version of the musical without crying through half the songs, so this was not really a surprise.

My friend and I were total basketcases by the end of the play when we saw it with our school choir group in New York.

I used to quote this bit all the time when I was a little kid.

Merry Christmas, everyone! Hope you all had a lovely day. My sister and her boyfriend came over both yesterday and today and we just chilled and had food and watched TV together and opened presents and all that good stuff. Uneventful, but nice :).

(On another note, I'm hearing about tornado warnings down in the southeastern U.S. today. That's just all sorts of wrong.)

Does anyone know how to remove a Memory Stick from an SD slot? I may have just ruined every family photograph my mother has taken for the last several years, so any help would be appreciated.

Pretty sure I need a new microwave as well. This thing takes four minutes to warm up a bowl of soup.

The good news is if you're not too picky, microwaves aren't too expensive. (Obviously those combo units are a different story, this comment was aimed more at IWB)

and because like five people took ten seconds to type a reply telling her she's a spoiled bitch (seriously once you slap a cover on it, do you even notice the colour of the ipad?), she took the time to reply to nearly all of them individually to tell them to get a life and not fuck with her. who's the one who doesn't have a life?

The good news is if you're not too picky, microwaves aren't too expensive. (Obviously those combo units are a different story, this comment was aimed more at IWB)

Oh yeah, and I'm certainly not too picky. Does it heat up my soup? Ok, good. Sold. the extra money next paycheck amounts to about 20 hours of overtime, that will more than cover a pretty decent non-combo one. In sure db's kitchen is much fancier than mine.

Man, 808s & Heartbreak sucks, I'm sorry. Paranoid is the only great song. Thank goodness he got back to what he does best on his next album.

I've never been the world's biggest Dazed and Confused fan. It's pretty cool, you know, Jimmy Page is doing some neat guitar things with the bow and what not, but the song takes too long to build up speed. I changed my mind about the song today though, and it's mostly because John Bonham is a total badass. After the wank break in the middle of the track, Bonham flies back in with these nasty fills, just tearing the fuck out of his kit. It's beautiful. He's great on the whole track, but picking up on that one part made my day.

Between that and re-discovering how great Communication Breakdown is, the debut is starting to climb after years of stalling in the middle of my rankings. You Shook Me and I Can't Quit You Baby are serviceable but hold the album back.

I've always been a Houses of the Holy man, with IV coming in second by the smallest margin imaginable.

II has a special place in my heart because it was the album that convinced me that Jimmy Page was my favorite guitarist of all time. I've been trying to get What Is And What Should Never Be perfected ever since, but those weird 9th chords throw me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom