Random Music Talk LXXIII: Mayan Apocalyspe Never Tear Us Apart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
, for whatever that's worth to you.

I wish I had something clever to say, more so than "not very much," because it looks kind of like a nicely lobbed softball. Alas, I'm tired, and am down to the last 3 hours of a 17 hour work day. So from this end, it looks much more like a deceptively mean slider.

I am going to write a follow up to the atom and his package song "I am downright amazed at what I can destroy with just a hammer" and call it "I am downright impressed with how quickly diesel kills a gas engine." This is why we stick those "gasoline only" stickers on our otherwise noisey, very diesel-engine sounding trucks...especially when the last time I drove a chair car, they were most certainly all diesel. Well, fuck. What a great way to end the shift. It held me over long enough that stores are open now and I can do Christmas shopping...

I wish I had something clever to say, more so than "not very much," because it looks kind of like a nicely lobbed softball. Alas, I'm tired, and am down to the last 3 hours of a 17 hour work day. So from this end, it looks much more like a deceptively mean slider.

No, it was a hanging breaking ball but you were sitting fastball and ended up taking it for a strike. I wish you had something clever to say, too.

I think I'm down about 50 pounds since June 2011, and more importantly, reversed just about every bad number I had going as it pertains to my bloodwork.

That's great!

re hair monstrosities ... this one is my favorite, because of the photobomb aspect. And Edge still looks pissed.

HOn4e_zps982619b3.jpg

Thanks, Cori.

So, as many of you know, I'm hard at work on my next rock opera. After lots of stops and starts, I finally have clarity on the project and work is proceeding accordingly. I cannot tell you much about it except to say that it involves the characters from GI Joe and the music of U2, but changed and tailored to fit the characters. For example, the recently discussed "Surrender" will be changed to "Serpentor". I was going to take "Xanax and Wine" and turn it into "Tomax & Xamot" but that extra syllable at the end presents a bit of a challenge. "Storm Shadow and Tall Trees" will be epic, that's the last I'll say......

I just wrapped almost all of the presents. My living room is like a small child's dreamland right now. Presents everywhere.

Ergh, Reggo, that sucks. Hope you feel better soon.

I slept for a good part of the day today, too. We've got our presents pretty much taken care of (there's one friend I've yet to get a gift for, but I won't see her until sometime after Christmas, so I've got a bit of time left. Unfortunately, I don't know what on earth to get her-she lives in another town and has been so busy with school and work that I haven't had a chance to see/talk to her the last few months. I'll figure out something, though, eventually), so all that's left is the waiting for Christmas.

In other news, our family's car is completely dead and it's probably going to cost a good chunk of money to fix whatever's up with it (some wiring issue or something, I think). So yaaaaaaaay. God, we need a new car badly.

Would it surprise you if I said I don't get it?

Oh, well, you weren't supposed to, it was just that your quote was a good jumping off point for what I posted. I was even going to post "COBL you're not going to get this reference" but then I became curious whether you'd let us know you didn't get it, or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom