Random Music Talk LXXIII: Mayan Apocalyspe Never Tear Us Apart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AndrewWK.png

(Was the only pic of him I had in my photobucket

Geez, that almost makes it sound like they've about given up :(

The site is aware of the problem about new artist scrobbles not showing up--a staff member posted about it on the forums several times today.

where are my scrobbled tracks? – Web Site Support – Last.fm

Here's a post explaining what's going on. Looks like the problem just came back up over the holidays. Scrobbles are still being counted, but the songs are not displaying. They are working on it.

I love last.fm. Been on there seven years and have watched a lot of people threaten to leave the site/declare an apocalypse because their music isn't scrobbling. I have faith that they'll get this problem fixed.

So the Achtung Birdie vinyl box set I bitched about last year was one of my Christmas gifts. I'm giving it its first spin right now and good fucking gravy, gang. As much as I "dread" new shit from them, it's still easily my GOAT. And this pressing sounds so, so good.

:up:

I didn't get the vinyl in the end, I got the super deluxe (I think), but a lot of love was put into it. Great stuff.

And watching the doco, the moment when they're playing that Sick Puppy demo, and you hear the chords of One, is as thrilling a moment I've had as a U2 fan.

It has anything to do with the song? I remember giving it a few cursory glances back in the day, due to the Robert Smith connection, but never could quite figure out what the deal with the film was.

It has a lot to do with the song. No one was more surprised than me. Weird movie but I liked it a lot. Eve Hewson was perfect in her role.

I didn't realize Eve was in that. Now if I see it, it'll just be because I'm an obsessed U2 fan, won't it :(

So the less we say about it, the better?

:wink:

I don't want to spoil anything, so yeah. :wink: I was completely engrossed in it and had no idea where it was going. It was charming, touching, funny, odd, surprising, and you, mofo, should definitely see it.

I didn't realize Eve was in that. Now if I see it, it'll just be because I'm an obsessed U2 fan, won't it :(

There are plenty of other good reasons to see it (Sean Penn, Frances McDormand, et al). The story line is not necessarily one of them, but it's, you know, indie good.

I don't want to spoil anything, so yeah. :wink: I was completely engrossed in it and had no idea where it was going. It was charming, touching, funny, odd, and you, mofo, should definitely see it.

I was quoting lyricz.

My Australian officemate insists on saying "biccie" at least once a day.

So, I have a new favorite game in all the universe:

Drawception - The social picture telephone game!

There was a similar game to this that came out in a board game version a couple years ago. Travis and I were going to buy it, but we realized it would never be as fun as the concept looked. Now that it's online and there's hundreds (thousands?) of people playing, the idea is coming to life in an awesome awesome way.

So, I have a new favorite game in all the universe:

Drawception - The social picture telephone game!

There was a similar game to this that came out in a board game version a couple years ago. Travis and I were going to buy it, but we realized it would never be as fun as the concept looked. Now that it's online and there's hundreds (thousands?) of people playing, the idea is coming to life in an awesome awesome way.

Haha, this is fun. I can't draw worth a crap, but I'm having fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom