Random Music Talk LXVIII: Antipodean Sporting Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's weird that I've "known" IWB forever, and I don't think I know her name. Maybe I knew it at one time? And of course, on last.fm, her name is listed as "wouldn't you like to know."

Do any of you have like, single moments in songs that just stab you right in the heart with emotion? I'm not sure I'm getting through what I'm trying to say. There are certain songs that will have just one note, or a few words that, the way they're sung/played make them some of my favorite moments ever.

I was reminded of this tonight while I was listening to the Prince station on Pandora and "Superfreak" came on. For some reason, the part where he goes, "She's all right, she's all right" will get me to listen to that song all the way through every time, despite how ridiculous a song it is.

Less ridiculous, "Take Me With U" and the key change with "All I want is to spend the night together/All I want is to spend the night in your arms". That's a little bit longer of a section, but it's still just one of my absolute favorite musical moments.

And finally, in B.O.B.'s song "Nothin' On You" there's a part where in the background he sings, "Go, Go" and that second Go kills me every time. No idea why.

Anyways, that's my random musical comment for the evening. There are way more examples, but these are the three on my mind at the moment, as I've heard all of those songs in the last day or so.

Reggo said:
I don't know, but it was going to start with an S.

Nope. But it's a normal name, common spelling. my parents weren't like these evil parents out there who gave me a weird non-name or a normal name and fucked with the spelling. At work one night it took all my willpower to tell this woman (who called because her kid had a cold, which says something right there about her intelligence) that z is not a vowel..

I'd tell you guys. But then I'd have to kill you. Mofo probably knew it at one point, and if popmartijn happens to check in, he knows it along with the other folks from the long-forgotten testje chat thread.

IWasBored said:
These swans you speak of are a sports team, right?

I know it's tough to tell by their name.

The AFL also has other great clubs like the Port Adelaide Cupcakes and the Melbourne Rainbow Puppies.

I still don't know what sport you guys are talking about. It probably sucks though. :wink:

That was my favorite Pixies song for a long time. /shameful shit

FitzChivalry and I saw Bloc Party last night. We were in the front row, but I wisely determined after the opening band (singer had crazy eyes and smelled terrible) that I was not going to be able to hack it. We were mosh pit adjacent.

So I retreated but found a little perch along a wall where I had a great view of the band and the crowd. Great crowd, lots of dancing and moshing, lots of water being sprayed over the first few rows by the security guards. Definitely one of the better crowds I've seen at Seattle shows.

I thought Bloc Party were great. They haven't really clicked with me on their albums, but I might have to give them another shot, because live they were pretty great.

The Pixies covered 99 Problems? :huh: I MUST FIND THIS.

Nope. But it's a normal name, common spelling. my parents weren't like these evil parents out there who gave me a weird non-name or a normal name and fucked with the spelling. At work one night it took all my willpower to tell this woman (who called because her kid had a cold, which says something right there about her intelligence) that z is not a vowel..

I'd tell you guys. But then I'd have to kill you. Mofo probably knew it at one point, and if popmartijn happens to check in, he knows it along with the other folks from the long-forgotten testje chat thread.

Like I said, temporary insanity. Inhaled too much dust or something.

The Obama remix cracked me up.

Cori, I saw your Book of Face updates and knew that your friend must be an interferencer, but I wasn't sure which one. Glad you and Fitz had fun. :up: And I'm surprised a bit that there was moshing at a Bloc Party show, but then I've seen people mosh at a Jimmy Eat World show to 'Sweetness,' so what the hell do I know.

I think my most unexpected moshing experience came from seeing The Men live. You don't really expect that when you listen to their music on record, but they really turn things up live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom