Random Music Talk LXV: 6400 Posts Have Led Up To This

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reggo

Blue Crack Addict
24pc5ys.gif

I meant 6400. Why the significance? That's for me to know and The Historian to figure out.

Yeah, I fucked up. Friggin' me. Balls.

there's still time you can edittttt thisssssssssssssssssss

64,000+

Late to the party as usual ... (was on a sailboat again, sucks to be me!)

One of my best friends in high school was really into music, and we had a lot of shared experiences over the years. Now we're not as close, and she's busy with her family across the country, but I have a lot of really great musical memories with her.

But yeah, in college, the people I knew who were big music junkies like me? Guys. Any music nuts I know now are, I'd have to say, all people I know from Interference.

Interesting topic. Never really thought about it. Have to say that I've never known anyone to do the "welp, I'm getting married, so do you want my CDs?" My high school friend had a life shift where all of a sudden she was a lot more religious than she used to be and was gung-ho about starting a family with a guy similarly grooving on God, so by default music fell to the side.

Also, re Reggo's post about Jewel: it always bugged me BEYOND belief that all the fucking songs on the album were NOT the versions of the singles on the radio. Worst CD-buying experience ever. Who made that shitty decision? Such a bait-and-switch.

Also, re Reggo's post about Jewel: it always bugged me BEYOND belief that all the fucking songs on the album were NOT the versions of the singles on the radio. Worst CD-buying experience ever. Who made that shitty decision? Such a bait-and-switch.
I know! The first couple of times I heard a difference, I thought I was going insane.

Turns out you can't edit a thread title once it's posted.

I'm just going to refrain from titling RMT threads from now on.

Reggo said:
Can we hurry the next ten posts so iYup doesn't kill Cobbler?

Cobbler is a genuine fan, so it's cool. I thought that video was pretty funny, anyway.

IWasBored said:
The tupac thing bugged the shit out of me. I will never understand how my sister can watch a video of tupac essentially saying that if he realistically could he'd kill everyone white just because theyre white, and still idolize the guy. And of course, he wanted to kill whitey because whitey hates him for being black. Yeah, that makes sense. Anyone who says stuff like that, all I see is a giant shitbag.

Miles Davis said similar sort of things. I went through a stage where I thought I was a little ghetto kid. I had the Dada jumpers, the ball bearings neck chains, the loose pants and shit. But I like to think I've never been as bad as these kids:

IWasBored said:
Yeah, you like hip hop because as music, it's something that is incredibly appealing to listen to to your ears. Not because you're trying to prove how "ghetto" you are. Sadly, the vast majority of white kids listening to hip hop are doing it for the latter reason. If string quartets ran around busting caps in asses in their down time, then those kids would immediately switch to Beethoven.

I've done a lot of delving into rock history and have probably listened to more music than almost anybody else on Interference

I stopped reading here. And it's pretty hard not to tell you, or everyone else here who thinks that about themselves, to go fuck themselves. Because you know what everyone else has ever listened to, and actually think quantifiying the amount of albums you've heard even matters. Yeah, seriously, go fuck yourself.

I hate when interesting conversations begin as a thread ends....

Is it bad that I agree with with IWB said, though? I mean, just because you've listened to a lot of music, it doesn't make you an expert on what people do and don't listen to. Music is one of those highly subjective things that people always try to make objective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom