Random Music Talk LXV: 6400 Posts Have Led Up To This

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
u2popmofo said:
Which of these 3 is your fav, guyz?

Grimes
Chairlift
Purity Ring

Tell me now, so that I may ponder your answers.

Out of the few songs of each I've heard from each, I haven't liked any. So take that, mofo.

since when is an average salary of nearly $100k pocket change?

Since when is every person lecturing in a course earning that? I know plenty of people lecturing in a single course on a casual contract for one semester. Not exactly lucrative money, not to mention the absence of job security.

Since when is every person lecturing in a course earning that? I know plenty of people lecturing in a single course on a casual contract for one semester. Not exactly lucrative money, not to mention the absence of job security.
where in my post did i say everyone who teaches at a university? i specified professors for a reason. i'm not a moron, i know tutors and associate professors don't make nearly that much money.

where in my post did i say everyone who teaches at a university? i specified professors for a reason. i'm not a moron, i know tutors and associate professors don't make nearly that much money.

I thought you were using "professor" in the US sense, rather than the sense used here where it's a high ranking title and it's perfectly possible to go through an entire year of university (or even a whole major) without being taught by a single professor. My own department only has a handful of professors, many of whom have very light or non-existent undergrad teaching loads. Most courses are run by associate professors or lecturers ... or some poor sap on a casual contract because the university can't be arsed employing anybody full-time who has a clue about the subject in question, but the university doesn't want to be seen as dropping the subject entirely.

Glad to see some jokes never get old.

By the way, I hope you're flying Soufwest, Mike. What with the impending recession and all.

Also, congratulations, Mike. Best of luck. :)

I'm planning a trip back to the motherland next year (Italy), and may take a few days to visit Germany as well.

It would be awesome if every German man sounded exactly like Werner Herzog. I'm fascinated by that man's speaking voice.

I posted in it, and never even bought or heard any of their albums. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for treating JT in this manner.

Listened to Purity Ring last night, Grimes now. Will do Chairlift later. I am still pondering your answers so that I can decide for myself which I prefer. I admittedly sorta lump all 3 groups together in my head, hence the question.

Guns suck.

Good Lord, they're touring?

I suppose people smoke as much weed as they did in the 90s, so it's not like the Pharcyde stopped being relevant.

I'm not sure exactly how much they've been touring these past few years, but the show was full of energy, good times and weed smoke, and therefore super fun. I'm wearing a shirt signed by Imani and Bootie Brown now, got to share a mic, got a big hug and had a bit of a chat with them both, so it was a grand night.

I'm not sure exactly how much they've been touring these past few years, but the show was full of energy, good times and weed smoke, and therefore super fun. I'm wearing a shirt signed by Imani and Bootie Brown now, got to share a mic, got a big hug and had a bit of a chat with them both, so it was a grand night.

Now that sounds like a great time. I personally am quite jealous, Bizarre Ride is a great record and their personalities seem as if they would translate really well live.

Staying on an old school hip-hop tack, I've always wondered what the "grand prize" was that one received for getting all the 3 Feet High and Rising game show answers right. Not that I think there were any right answers, but maybe they at least sent you something back.

No, unless he was hiding.

Now that sounds like a great time. I personally am quite jealous, Bizarre Ride is a great record and their personalities seem as if they would translate really well live.

Staying on an old school hip-hop tack, I've always wondered what the "grand prize" was that one received for getting all the 3 Feet High and Rising game show answers right. Not that I think there were any right answers, but maybe they at least sent you something back.

Oh, absolutely - it was pure entertainment from beginning to end. They interracted with the audience tremendously, and yeah, I got to yell OH SHIT to everybody, which is a living dream.

Your guess is as good as mine. I'm still waiting for free stickers.

On things: I've been listening to the Predator again. How good is When Will They Shoot? God, I've been listening to that every day lately and it makes me feel like I could punch the world in the balls. Amazing.

If there's something inside that you wanna say
Say it out loud it'll be okay
I will be your light
I will be your light
I will be your light
I will be your light

album-the-three-eps.jpg

I was laughing my ass off at:

11. Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros
This gang of overgrown children aren't just hipsters, they're hippie-sters: A double whammy of annoying that melds the folly and creepiness of a hippie cult with the semi-ironic pretension of a hipster's attempt at spirituality. Their grins are a little too wide, robes a little too Jesus-like and sing-songy joy a little too childlike to ring true, and it distracts from their legitimate talent as musicians. It's good and well that frontman Alex Ebert is sober and pushing himself in different artistic directions, but the new beard and persona make him less of a Bowie than the Charles Manson of twee.

and then I got to Beirut. :angry:

Oh and I didn't really get Bon Iver until I saw the Coachella set. Loved it and didn't even want to nap.

I love his records, but I have to say my respect jumped to a whole new place when I watched his Coachella set during the webcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom