Random Music Talk LXI: In Which PFan and GAF Drink a Lot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
martha said:
This restaurant is playing Michael Buble. I may have to use the fork to make it stop. He cannot sing worth a damn.

Have I ever mentioned that I'd like to eat at a restaurant that plays only slayer? They can play Motörhead too (omfg! Autocorrect put the dots over the o and everything! Cos I sure as shit don't know how to do that! I was going to say there's proof right there Lemmy really is god, but autocorrect keeps changing his name to lemme). I imagine they serve nothing but raw meat, though, and I am generally afraid of any steak that isn't thoroughly cooked.

Totally unrelated news, I'm going to go spend money on the who albums that I don't already own.

I'm trying to decide whether I want to see Chromatics tonight at the Pitchfork aftershow. The problem is that the show starts at 11:30 with an opener, and since I'm an old man nowadays I don't know if I want to wait that long.

Just take a pair of depends and you don't have to worry about any accidents if you fall asleep, gramps.

IWasBored said:
Have I ever mentioned that I'd like to eat at a restaurant that plays only slayer? They can play Motörhead too (omfg! Autocorrect put the dots over the o and everything! Cos I sure as shit don't know how to do that! I was going to say there's proof right there Lemmy really is god, but autocorrect keeps changing his name to lemme). I imagine they serve nothing but raw meat, though, and I am generally afraid of any steak that isn't thoroughly cooked.

Kuma's Corner in Chicago plays nothing but thrash metal. Good burgers too, huge enough to last you a couple of meals.

FlyLo about to start. Hopefully he'll play some new shit.

I bought it after liking Sinful Nature, but the album as a whole blurred together for me. Having not heard Beast Rest, I can't make a comparison, but I can say that I Love You is pretty mellow and seems to be going for that layered dream-pop feel.

I'll have to check it out. I hadn't even realized they had a new record. I don't remember anyone talking about it here when it came out in April. I really liked Beast Rest Forth Mouth.

Flying Lotus remixing Niggas In Paris. Oh My God.

Edit: And now Yonkers. Get the fuck up here, Cobbler!

Wild Flag just whipped out a cover of See No Evil by Television. What an amazing song. They sound great.

:hug: Reggo. I wish I could help you out somehow.

This restaurant is playing Michael Buble. I may have to use the fork to make it stop. He cannot sing worth a damn.

I heard him in Hy-Vee this evening. Don't have an opinion on him one way or another, myself, but yeah, it's not fun when you're stuck somewhere listening to something you can't stand.

Also, I missed something with Khanada here-congratulations are in order?

Oh! Also, martha, I got your postcard...yesterday, I believe it was. Thanks! Very cool picture.

I was wondering when that was. Congratulations guys. :) Will photo thread duo be next? Could be back on..?

I am really, really enjoying this John Frusciante EP, by the way. None of it is really sticking in my head, but I'm loving it when it's on. Album could very well be a delight.

Something For Kate's album is finished too, so it's gonna be a great second half of the year for music.

And finally, I'm 22 in three days, which sucks balls. I thought I'd be 21 forever :(

Anyone else listen to Youth Lagoon? Checking it out on a recommendation from a friend and liking the vibe so far.

separator.gif
I actually just passed up seeing them live this very day. But, uh, no, I haven't heard anything by them as of yet.

I find them really boooooring, but I know a lot of fans. I had a friend who was thrilled to see them today.

HeartlandGirl said:
Anyone else listen to Youth Lagoon? Checking it out on a recommendation from a friend and liking the vibe so far.

That's the band Father John Misty opened for last night! We didn't stick around though

And finally, I'm 22 in three days, which sucks balls. I thought I'd be 21 forever :(

Wow so you were like 14 when you first starting posting.

I remember you did reviews of each of the early U2 albums as you listened to them for the first time.

Scary stuff...

I remember those well. That's how I made a name for myself. I remember I didn't like Achtung too much on first listen, gave One and The Fly three stars, and people were a bit like "lol wrong" and I flipped my shit and started abusing people in capital letters... what a great life I led at the time.

Few mates just bought a cheap DJ deck... I've got a hell of a lot more respect for DJs now. That shit is waaaaay harder than I imagined. Once you know what you're doing it'd be a piece of piss, but if you don't...

When I was in grade six we had to write a thing on where we'd be in 10 years. I said me and my mate Jeremey would be DJs... I couldn't be further from it but Jeremey is a DJ. I'd still like to be a deck or a sampler of some sort just to fuck around with in my room. There's a lot of bedroom producers around who've gone on to some sort of acclaim.

I just randomly remembered the band The Morning Benders and their song "Excuses" from a couple of years back. Still really like that song. That song and their album Big Echo got rave reviews in 2010.

Then I look and see that they changed their name to POP ETC. and released an album last month that was just completely panned by critics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom