Random Music Talk LXI: In Which PFan and GAF Drink a Lot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's pretend we're 8 years old playing hooky
I'll draw on the wall
And you can play UFC rookie
Then we'll grow up
Take our clothes off
And you remind me that l wanted you to kiss me
When we find some time alone
And then we can
Do anything we want

:heart:

Pretty sure it's my favorite Fiona Apple song yet. Songs that move me like Anything We Want are rare.

I don't know why I'm listening to early Tom Waits and Fiona Apple tonight. It's good for the soul, I guess. I heard lots of great, forward-thinking music today, but sometimes great songwriting is all you need. Sit down at the piano and knock that shit out.

Music is awesome in all its forms, is what I'm getting at. Except the Snow Patrol form. That's just boring. Doubly so the acoustic Snow Patrol form.

I did try listening to that album. But I didn't like the music very much. Same thing that happened to me with Let England Shake... perhaps she has a more accessible album, like Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea?

The other three are more accessible than Idler Wheel, easily. Listening to Idler Wheel is like having your emotions beaten with a 2x4 for 40 minutes (watching a furry animal die, visiting an old folks' home, etc.) I wouldn't recommend it as a starting point, although yeah, it's a great work of art, probably the best album of the year. Throw it on when you feel like shit and you'll feel better. There's a lot of value in albums like that.

I don't get how Let England Shake isn't accessible, there are hooks and strong melodies everywhere, but I guess I have easy access to shit like that. It's my thing.

Learned that my go to move is to pin a guy's arms to his sides and yell in his face to calm himself. Probably don't have the size to square up, so I am okay with this.

PhilsFan said:
Learned that my go to move is to pin a guy's arms to his sides and yell in his face to calm himself. Probably don't have the size to square up, so I am okay with this.

Sounds like a good way to receive a headbutt.

Pretty sure it's my favorite Fiona Apple song yet. Songs that move me like Anything We Want are rare.

That's maybe my favorite on The Idler Wheel... as well. Hot Knife and Every Single Night right up there.

I did try listening to that album. But I didn't like the music very much. Same thing that happened to me with Let England Shake... perhaps she has a more accessible album, like Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea?

Your best bet is to check out When The Pawn... I think.

Have you heard Stories From The City yet?

Has anyone listened to the new(ish) Bear In Heaven album? How does it compare to Beast Rest Forth Mouth?

lazarus said:
Your best bet is to check out When The Pawn... I think.

Have you heard Stories From The City yet?

Cool cheers :up:

Only one song - A Place Called Home - which I absolutely love. Been meaning to get around to it.

Has anyone listened to the new(ish) Bear In Heaven album? How does it compare to Beast Rest Forth Mouth?

I bought it after liking Sinful Nature, but the album as a whole blurred together for me. Having not heard Beast Rest, I can't make a comparison, but I can say that I Love You is pretty mellow and seems to be going for that layered dream-pop feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom