Random Music Talk LVIII: The Moon And Antarctica

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit, no. That song puts me on the edge of suicide when it gets stuck in my head. It was the title track to Viva La Vida. And it was actually kinda good.

"I generally don't like Coldplay, but the title track to Viva La Vida is enjoyable" takes so much more energy than "I hate everything I've ever heard from Coldplay."

I do love that song.

And I love the rest of the band's stuff, too. But hey, to each their own :).

Also loving all these pictures. I want to go to all of these places now.

How you can think of VLV as better than Don't Panic, Shiver, Trouble, God Put a Smile on Your Face, Clocks, The Scientist, Green Eyes, Amsterdam, Life in Technicolor, Lost!, Lovers in Japan, Strawberry Swing and Charlie Brown is beyond me.

tumblr_m422llHFIO1qearaqo1_500.jpg

You probably sold him on it right there.

"...that was when I ruled the world." Never did, never will, you fucking knob.

Godawful lyrics.

He's a shit lyricist, yes (not that I could do any better, mind you) but that's so far from his worst. Pretty sure it's not meant to be taken literally.

Coldplay are fucking great :up:

My God, The Sundays are amazing. All of the awesome vocals of Cocteau Twins without the complete incomprehensibility combined with Smiths-like music? Yes please.

My hometown's greatest feature.

375018157.jpg

You're from Louisiana?

Dizzt deunk qnd drynijg at a morel yous guyS. lets go weekend 2912

No way this is real.

God Put a Smile on Your Face

I'm amazed that anyone can type this song title without shriveling into a little ball of vomit. So obnoxious, like if Boner was a total walking caricature instead of just half of one.

Coldplay are fucking great :up:

One day you'll look back and wonder how your younger self could endorse such shit with this level of enthusiasm.

You're from Louisiana?

I'm amazed that anyone can type this song title without shriveling into a little ball of vomit. So obnoxious, like if Boner was a total walking caricature instead of just half of one.

That first pic was the one from my hometown, but the other one should be a pic of the Indiana Dunes, unless Google image search lied to me.

Indiana_Dunes-State-Park-02.jpg

Indiana-Dunes-National-Lakeshore.jpg

I know these are the Dunes.

As for "God Put a Smile On Your Face", I kind of regretted having that on the list. I remember having strong feelings about it, but I couldn't remember if they were good or bad. Listened to it later and saw they weren't the best.

Ha, I actually typed it because I was only half paying attention and thought it was funny so I just went with it.

I am still drunk this morning.

My God, The Sundays are amazing. All of the awesome vocals of Cocteau Twins without the complete incomprehensibility combined with Smiths-like music? Yes please.

You start a thread and I'll be there. :D

Reading is perfect - a debut on the level of Murmur for me. Not a single filler song on there, so consistent. But I think the other two got progressively spottier.

Zola Jesus were very good.

Nika is amazing. Something very arousing about her. She is fucking tiny, but she's also pretty hot, she has a great voice, and I very nearly got to dirty dance with her when she came streaming through the crowd.

Didn't know any of the songs, but I bought Conatus (very rude-sounding word, btw) afterwards and played it on the way home. Didn't excite me nearly as much but I'll come back to it.

Light Asylum opened, anyone heard of them? Was one of the strangest performances I've ever seen. They're a duo, one dude on keyboards/synths and a singer. I thought it was a dude for the first half of the show, until I saw some chest wobblage. I couldn't decide if I liked or hated them... some of the beats were really good at times but the chick's vocals were so fucking abrasive, it was like electro screamo. Very odd. Memorable, though, which is very important for an opener.

The best way to deal with waking up drunk is to start drinking again. I love the shore.

Well I woke up this morning, started drinking again.
I had four cups of coffee and five shots of gin.
Bourbon for breakfast; I tell you no lie.
Johnny Maison, here's mud in your eye.
If you want to help me, that's alright.
Just leave me alone with my bottle.

Dash_Rip_Rock-Ace_Of_Clubs_3.jpg

Imperor, send your details. You are the proud owner of Beck's tricolour vinyl EP. It's damn cool. I wish I had one.

Reggo said:
Shit, no. That song puts me on the edge of suicide when it gets stuck in my head. It was the title track to Viva La Vida. And it was actually kinda good.

"I generally don't like Coldplay, but the title track to Viva La Vida is enjoyable" takes so much more energy than "I hate everything I've ever heard from Coldplay."

I usually say I dislike all Coldplay except Amsterdam and the scientist, which is also rather a mouthful. But since that album came out forever ago and they've released so much stuff ive hated since, I'm over it. But I did hate to admit for a while I liked the "new" (ya know, at the time) album from the fucking yellow band. Parachutes still puts me to sleep, and politik is the only other thing from rush of blood I still tolerate.

Martha: yes it was.

IWB: Yeah I owned Parachutes and liked it alright but never listened to it much, and when Rush Of Blood came out was turned off by everything I saw/heard.

So I haven't even revisited that album since, and don't even know if it's still on my shelf. The only songs I remember at this point are Yellow and Spies. I imagine I could tolerate the latter.

Loved all those great pictures. I do miss the rows of corn and the lush green fields of the midwest sometimes. And I think Glacier just jumped up a few spots on my list of "Places I Must Visit" thanks to martha's picture.

Thank you to Laz for his bawdy St. Vincent joke yesterday, which oddly enough played a factor in me nutting up and going. Really glad I did, and driving back home immediately after the show didn't suck as bad as I figured it would. I've done the whole drive-up-drive-back before for the National and Shuttlecock, and those were much worse somehow.

I've been blessed to live in the only part of Indiana with something really interesting to see. I love the dunes so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom