Random Music Talk LVIII: The Moon And Antarctica

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'ma be out of commission at this all day Saturday anyway, so there really isn't much of a need for an immediate verdict. Appreciate the thought though.

Much as I love Adult Swim, I haven't seen a single episode of that show because I can't get past the damn clown.

Gotye ‘Somebody That I Used To Know’ Tracklisting - June 8

Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) [Gang Colours remix]
Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) [Bibio remix]
Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) [M-Phazes remix]
Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) [Faux Pas remix]
Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) [4Frnt remix]
Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) [Tiesto remix]
Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) [Sneaker Fox remix]
Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) [Dan Aux remix]
Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) [Miami Nights 1984 remix]
Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) [Adrock remix]

Seriously. Gotye To Release The ‘Somebody That I Used To Know’ Remix Album We All Wanted - Music News, Reviews, Interviews and Culture - Music Feeds

There's a goal for my career: write a song so good/popular that I can release a remix album for it.

In other news, I'm listening to the Fame Monster willingly, an hour after Suicide's debut. It's an interesting music night.

I propose a Telephone drinking game: one shot for every time Gaga tells you, in some form, not to call her, and two shots for every time she says she's kinda bizzay.

NO SURVIVORS

I've seen a lot of his debate videos but I have not read much of his work.

He's a braver man than I. I agree with nearly everything he says, yet would publicly admit almost none of that. I simply cannot discard my religion because of my family, at least not yet.

Did you hear that Lupe's new album is in development hell too, thanks to Atlantic? Hope the dude doesn't start contemplating suicide that all that shit again.

Development hell does not refer to Lance's puberty, Laz.

NEW BANGS GUYS ZOMG

Ur Boy Bangs - Take U Shopping. Exclusive [OFFICIAL VIDEO] - YouTube

"your body make me hot like there's a heater on"

Did you hear that Lupe's new album is in development hell too, thanks to Atlantic? Hope the dude doesn't start contemplating suicide that all that shit again.

Development hell does not refer to Lance's puberty, Laz.

Ughh, that sucks. One of the few mainstream artists around with an ear for deliciously good hip-hop and he's getting fucked over by labels.

I don't get why hip-hop labels are worse than others? Like Big Boi's solo album was meant to come out as early as 07, I think, but it kept getting pushed back due to conflict with the label.

He's also got a postpunk band, if you didn't know.

There's a goal for my career: write a song so good/popular that I can release a remix album for it.

In other news, I'm listening to the Fame Monster willingly, an hour after Suicide's debut. It's an interesting music night.
I only listened to Suicide for the first time about a year ago. Can't believe I slept on it so long. Great stuff. I don't know if there's a song that's as simultaneously hilarious/terrifying as Frankie Teardrop.

I only listened to Suicide for the first time about a year ago. Can't believe I slept on it so long. Great stuff. I don't know if there's a song that's as simultaneously hilarious/terrifying as Frankie Teardrop.

We're all Frankies
We're all lying in hell!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Cherree makes my heart melt though, seriously.

All in all, 30 really fucked up minutes with questionable politics, mind-bending sounds and some damn good hooks. James Murphy was privy to some great shit at those Suicide practices.

First I thought your post said something about Ted Nugent. Then I thought it had something to do with lugnuts. Now I've just decided that I've forgotten how to read.

Broadcast is such a great band. They have all of the hazy 60s psych I love, plus the buzzing electronics and krautrock leanings of Stereolab.

cobl04 said:
Gotye ‘Somebody That I Used To Know’ Tracklisting - June 8

Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) [Gang Colours remix]
Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) [Bibio remix]
Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) [M-Phazes remix]
Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) [Faux Pas remix]
Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) [4Frnt remix]
Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) [Tiesto remix]
Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) [Sneaker Fox remix]
Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) [Dan Aux remix]
Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) [Miami Nights 1984 remix]
Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) [Adrock remix]

Seriously. Gotye To Release The ‘Somebody That I Used To Know’ Remix Album We All Wanted - Music News, Reviews, Interviews and Culture - Music Feeds

Fuck that. I never want to hear the actual song again, never mind 90 bajillion remixes.

martha said:
Sounds like I might need to check them out, then.

I think so. Their debut, The Noise Made By People is the way to start, as it's closest to that psychedelic sound. They grew progressively harsher and sparer as they went on, almost reaching post-punk by Tender Buttons.

Weird, I was at a hostel in Spain and I think some French Canadian dude played Broadcast on the iPod hookup there. Had never even heard of them.

Not sure what album, but good stuff.

I don't know when this trend of websites embedding dozens of YouTube videos on each page began, but I do really despise it. I can't look at PopMatters without the page taking ages to load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom