Random Music Talk LVII: Impy ruined my brain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
April-15-2012-17-39-51-Screenshot20120415at2.09.47PM.png

No no no no no. . I have that song stuck in my head enough already!

Hmm. I'll get to the bottom of this when I return from the Warshed Out show. It's super rainy tonight and the venue is outdoors, so I just may get washed out myself. Eh? Eh?

I'm going to post something personal, brace yourselves:

I just found out one of my high school teachers died. She was the reason I went to school for film and ended up having all of the wonderful experiences I did, and I never thanked her for it. She wasn't one of my favorite teachers, but she left an impact on my life, and when I started substitute teaching last year, I went to go see her, but couldn't find where they'd moved her room. I finally asked one of my other teachers and he shocked me with the news that she'd had to retire because she had late-stage cancer. I made a few attempts at that point to find out where she was and get in contact with her, but I just didn't try hard enough. That whole fucking young person's live-forever mindset, I kept thinking I had time, and now she's dead and I never got to thank her for all she did for me, and I'm just sitting here kind of floored and angry. Anyways, I just needed to get that out of my system, sorry sorry.

Hmm. I'll get to the bottom of this when I return from the Warshed Out show. It's super rainy tonight and the venue is outdoors, so I just may get washed out myself. Eh? Eh?
I almost lol'ed.

I just found out one of my high school teachers died. She was the reason I went to school for film and ended up having all of the wonderful experiences I did, and I never thanked her for it. She wasn't one of my favorite teachers, but she left an impact on my life, and when I started substitute teaching last year, I went to go see her, but couldn't find where they'd moved her room. I finally asked one of my other teachers and he shocked me with the news that she'd had to retire because she had late-stage cancer. I made a few attempts at that point to find out where she was and get in contact with her, but I just didn't try hard enough. That whole fucking young person's live-forever mindset, I kept thinking I had time, and now she's dead and I never got to thank her for all she did for me, and I'm just sitting here kind of floored and angry. Anyways, I just needed to get that out of my system, sorry sorry.
:hug:

You guys remember when I mentioned Harold and Kumar was supposedly filmed in my new apartment? Well it's on TV. I just saw my mailbox. But even cooler, they live on my floor and it was implied that he lived in my very apartment on the 4th floor! Only they filmed the interiors of the in a larger apartment. Mine is a one bedroom, theirs is a two. Still kinda cool

:up: Thread title.

JT, years ago when Queer Eye for the Straight Guy was on I was watching it with my (of course gay) roommate and suddenly they're in the first apartment I lived in in NYC (it was my sister's apt.) and doing a make-over. It was wild. I called my sister and she turned it on and confirmed it was her old apartment that she lived in for like 5-6 years. It was the only one like it in the building so it had to be hers. It sure as hell needed a makeover, though.

That's awesome. I kinda wish I hadn't been told first and randomly came across it too. Either way, it was neat to see

I'm sorry, honey.

If it helps at all, she most likely knew that she'd made an impact on you. She could probably see you soaking up what she was teaching.

Sons, I caught the first song and had to bolt. This is the worst downpour we have had in years. The area in front of the stage was completely bare with everyone hanging under this one canopy toward the back. Everyone being each person at a sold out show. Totally sucked.

Not that big of a deal. Caught the dude in October and at SX. I'll live, and at least I got a memorable night out of it.

Not that big of a deal. Caught the dude in October and at SX. I'll live, and at least I got a memorable night out of it.

So I guess you did get Warshed Out, then, eh? Eh?

Sons, I caught the first song and had to bolt. This is the worst downpour we have had in years. The area in front of the stage was completely bare with everyone hanging under this one canopy toward the back. Everyone being each person at a sold out show. Totally sucked.
That is weaksauce. I'm gonna call a crew of idiot twenty-somethings from a Miller Lite commercial and have them come take your man card.

Seriously, though, I walked four goddamn miles in the snow in October to get from work to a Halloween party, and I'll be damned if I didn't have fun and then get sick for two months immediately afterwards. Get your shit together.

PhilsFan said:
That is weaksauce. I'm gonna call a crew of idiot twenty-somethings from a Miller Lite commercial and have them come take your man card.

Seriously, though, I walked four goddamn miles in the snow in October to get from work to a Halloween party, and I'll be damned if I didn't have fun and then get sick for two months immediately afterwards. Get your shit together.

Peef, I laughed out loud. :up:

I seriously had an image of PhilsFan sitting in a rocking chair, and half expected him to add an "uphill, both ways" line in that rant somewhere.

Sorry about the rain, Imperor.

That really sucks. My condolances on your loss :hug:.

I'd say it sounds like you tried your best.

That sucks Ashley. Really good teachers are rare.

I'm blasting The Chronic on the way home from work. Just in one of those moods for bass, beers and blunts.

Bitches too, but that ain't gonna happen!!

Because I'm staying home tonight, listening to Prince and The Avalanches, writing about Rubies, watching AFL, and having a few quiet ones of these :drool:

wild-turkey-american-honey.jpg

Eh, I could've handled it had I really wanted to be there. For the right band, I'd have plopped myself down in a puddle in front of the stage. Did it for Bon Iver three years ago, for instance. But for my third time seeing Washed Out in the past eight months? Nah, son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom