Random Music Talk LVII: Impy ruined my brain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobvok's horoscope for May 12, 2012:

Centuries of confusion and torment will resolve itself quite neatly upon discovering that Nick Cave and Nick Drake are, in fact, two different people. Chucklehead.

iron yuppie said:
She had this delightfully awkward stage presence; I hate to call it "adorable," but really that is the only term coming to mind right now.

I love that little backwards stumble she does whenever she solos.

Reggo, alternate some hot packs. That's about all I got.

I still have never heard st vincent. I get the impression I wouldn't like it.

Information? I definitely meant condolences...

I was wondering about that! Ha.

Last night I picked up Father John Misty*, Here We Go Magic and the new Keane. All three are pretty damned great. Maybe it's the gorgeous weekend and the bliss of spending a day reading in the sunshine, but I really love all three of them.

*and boy, was he heavy! hyuck hyuck hyuck

2012-05-04-wookiekong.jpg

I may or may not be wearing this shirt.

Sprained my ankle while on a walking tour in Granada, Spain. At least, I hope it's just sprained. Looks like something between a golf and tennis ball.

Really don't want to have to go to a hospital here. Sitting with an ice pack on it, will see how it is tomorrow.

They say there are two kinds of people in this world: Those who do not want to see what a Wookie looks like completely shaved and those who do. I can say without hesitation that I fall confidently in the latter category

I like the shirt, but I'm so sick of the "take two geek things and mix them together to make a new geek thing. I'm so clever!" thing

Sprained my ankle while on a walking tour in Granada, Spain. At least, I hope it's just sprained. Looks like something between a golf and tennis ball.

Really don't want to have to go to a hospital here. Sitting with an ice pack on it, will see how it is tomorrow.

That really sucks. If you can find an acupuncturist that would help enormously. Also homeopathic remedy Arnica (taken internally) which shouldn't be hard to find (homeopathy is more popular in Europe than here). And you can get one of those stretchy ankle support things at a drug store. Of course being Sunday where you are may make it tougher.

I had this happen on a work trip and did all of the above and was fine. But perhaps it wasn't a bad sprain. Hope it's not broken.

lazarus said:

Eighteen steps forward, one step back.

(feel better)

I'm not sure how I feel about evil Chewie

I'll agree there, but the rest of the shirt's general awesomeness offset it for me.

I like the shirt, but I'm so sick of the "take two geek things and mix them together to make a new geek thing. I'm so clever!" thing

It's definitely the trend these days, but when it works, it's completely amazing. Unfortunately, most of the time now one of the two things is Dr. Who, and I'm getting pretty damn tired of that.

At my old place a couple month back, I could hear someone playing Zebra on their guitar

tried the homeopathic stuff for my shoulder, have decided muscle relaxers are the best thing ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom