Random Music Talk LVII: Impy ruined my brain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I could've handled it had I really wanted to be there. For the right band, I'd have plopped myself down in a puddle in front of the stage. Did it for Bon Iver three years ago, for instance. But for my third time seeing Washed Out in the past eight months? Nah, son.

I missed The Prodigy at a festival once because of a big storm. Some of the stages were cancelled, so we left. And apparently we missed one of the most epic festival sets ever. Never again.

thazing-415.jpg
It's funny because it's true.

Moonlit_Angel said:
I seriously had an image of PhilsFan sitting in a rocking chair, and half expected him to add an "uphill, both ways" line in that rant somewhere.

Sorry about the rain, Imperor.

That really sucks. My condolances on your loss :hug:.

I'd say it sounds like you tried your best.

The irony of course being that I am about four years younger than the Impster.

The review of these My Bloody Valentine reissues might be the most fawning thing that I have ever read from Pitchfork. Impartiality kind of goes out the window when the capsule review refers to a band's "miracle years."

That's awesome, Jive.

Thank you guys for the information, I really do appreciate it, I'm on my way to the wake now, very much not looking forward to it.

joyful, any good home remedies for a strained muscle? I've already been to the doctor, he gave me naproxen and muscle relaxers, but my shoulder (which he says is severely strained and I'll need a pain management doctor and physical therapy for) is still burning with pain. I've taken my daily allotment of naproxen and dropped a muscle relaxer an hour ago. I'm going to try an ice pack now, but any other ideas are greatly appreciated.

Off to St. Vincent. It's at an intimate venue, so I'm hoping to get close to the stage.

I wouldn't mind getting close to her stage in an inti... sorry, wrong thread

I can't open the last page of the same-sex marriage thread... maybe this is the start of the ramifications. Maybe INDY has been right the whole time.

Hearing reports Purple Rain went for 40 minutes last night in Sydney.

Also hearing rumours Janelle Monae is opening for him in Melbourne, which would result in me having severe incontinence problems.

DEERK DUHH DURRRR

Jive, what's your take on this new season of South Park? I haven't watched a single new episode since Stan got depressed. That arc was amazing, but everything else around it was pretty mediocre IMO.

LemonMelon said:
DEERK DUHH DURRRR

Jive, what's your take on this new season of South Park? I haven't watched a single new episode since Stan got depressed. That arc was amazing, but everything else around it was pretty mediocre IMO.

I think I've only seen the Oh Long Johnson episode, but it was pretty funny. I'll sit down soon and catch up. It's still one of my favourites even if it's a bit uneven these days

cobl04 said:
If she plays Krokodil, be prepared to hold her up.

So, St. Vincent...what a show. I knew she was an exceptional talent on the guitar already, but the raw ability on display tonight was astounding. And her stage banter was great as well.

She did go in the crowd as well; I got to hold her up for a few moments. Good times.

So, St. Vincent...what a show. I knew she was an exceptional talent on the guitar already, but the raw ability on display tonight was astounding. And her stage banter was great as well.

She did go in the crowd as well; I got to hold her up for a few moments. Good times.

Awesome man :up: Did she play Grot? I really like it.

I did as well when I saw her, definitely one of the very best things that's ever happened to me since I started going to gigs six years ago.

Back. The. Fuck. Off.

Yeah, she is glorious.

Awesome man :up: Did she play Grot? I really like it.

I did as well when I saw her, definitely one of the very best things that's ever happened to me since I started going to gigs six years ago.

No Grot in the set, nor Strange Mercy (the song) - the absence of the latter was the only disappointment of the night for me. She had this delightfully awkward stage presence; I hate to call it "adorable," but really that is the only term coming to mind right now.

Oh, and Shearwater were great as well. There were a few tracks where they really rocked the hell out.

That's a shame... Hysterical Strength was the only Strange Mercy song she didn't play at my show. That song itself is one of my favs from the album. She puts on a great show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom