Random Music Talk LVI: Featuring Hologram Shouter and NSW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot, Phanan.

That guy played the saxophone hook in Who Can It Be Now. This whole thing bums me out.

Ooh, yeah, I saw that on VH1 Classic a number of years back. I taped it, too, but that tape isn't with me at the moment. Of course. It was fun.

I also saw, by the way, in the last thread that you got you some Nick Lowe stuff, martha. I approve of this :up:.

I would be surprised if you had never heard California Love before.

I have to say I really like that song. I dunno why. It's just fun to dance to, I guess.

As for Arcade Fire...I've only heard a few songs from Neon Bible, but I like what I've heard from there. Particularly this song:
Arcade Fire - Ocean Of Noise - YouTube

Also, sorry to hear about all the people who've passed lately. That stuff really does come in threes, it seems. And Robin Gibb's apparently in a coma of late, too, so...yeah. Sad times musically.

The Black Angels just ended with a shredding sitar solo.

Iyup, I only came to see the Black Angels, but because you're just so awesome, I'm going to stick around and check out the Horrors rather than going back to my room and sleeping.

I'm also apparently talking to myself in here.

A friend of a friend trying to make nice with me suddenly started badmouthing Green Day on facebook chat. I did the childish thing, sent her a link to the GTFO rage face guy, then closed facebook.

She typed like an idiot anyway. no punctuation or capitalization so you werent sure when one vapid thought ended and the next began like this all throughout the damn chat and she talked over me all the time

I'm sort of angry I showed her Cookie Waits now. Cookie Waits is one of my favourite YouTube Things ever.

Googled Cookie Waits and realized I haven't heard a Tom Waits song before now. Huh.

The Black Angels just ended with a shredding sitar solo.

It's funny, I finally heard one of their albums today, Passover. Really strong, reminded me of Black Lips and Spacemen 3.

Leif Erikson

Hell yes.

I need to admit to myself that TOTBL is one of my favorite albums. I just found it so overrated for so long.

Dammit. I really miss Shouter.

We were just starting to find some music in common :(

I'm working from home this morning and listening to the new record from Allo Darlin'. Nice enough alt-pop, I guess. Sort of like 10,000 Maniacs with a slight county lilt, but nothing really jumped out at me the first time through. Capricornia is the "rocker" on here, I suppose. I like that one.

Oh, I almost forgot; today is GAF's favorite holiday. Happy 4/20.
hippie.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom