Random Music Talk LVI: Featuring Hologram Shouter and NSW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fair.

Running Up That Hill, In Between Days and Head Over Heels are my favorite songs of 1985.

Well the Cure probably just curls up and dies.

So, not them

Also, Mick Jones was kicked out of the band before 1985. So he wouldn't be participating here.

Well the Cure probably just curls up and dies.

You forget Bob's secret powers.

south-park.jpg

In absence of Shouter, some psych rock musings:

Spirit was an awesome band. I almost feel like they're best known as being the band Zeppelin ripped off for Stairway To Heaven, but the more I listen to them the more convinced I am that they're one of the best Cali psych rock bands of the day, right up there with Jefferson Airplane.

And probably the last.

I think they're OK, I love Thick as a Brick mk. 1 (I might check out the sequel for kicks), but they fall well short of King Crimson, Yes and Peter Gabriel-era Genesis on the prog food chain.

Plus they had something like 50 members over the course of their existence. I was once looking at a best-of package from them, and the entire gatefold was comprised of rows upon rows of pictures of past members. :lol:

Running Up That Hill just might be my favorite song from 1985. Every other song that comes to mind from that period was either '84 or '86.

I managed to snag a ticket to see Feist in a tiny, tiny little theater in Bumfuck West Texas this week where I'll be anyway. It probably seats three or four hundred people, if that. So, that's cool.
Although...I had begun to get sick of her but maybe it's just 1234 that I never need to hear again.

Will do. Toronto has an awesome documentary festival every year called HotDocs. There are always a handful of really cool ones to see early

Every time I see Purity Ring mentioned I think people are talking about The Promise Ring and my desire to kill rises.

Starting today, there's a pretty sweet stretch of new releases coming out that I'm looking forward to:

Today: Jack White
1st: Father John Misty
7th: My Bloody Valentine reissues
8th: Silversun Pickups
15th: Beach House
29th: Sigur Ros
6/5: Liars
6/26: Dive
7/10: Dirty Projectors

Etc., etc., etc.

New Liars? How do I keep missing this news?

Guys, I found a Local Natives shirt at Goodwill today. No joke. It's not my size or Travis', but for $2, I bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom