Random Music Talk LVI: Featuring Hologram Shouter and NSW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its rather miraculous, but I have been exposed to precisely the most tolerable amount of Moves Like Jagger and enjoy it. It's a razor thin precipice, to be sure, but it's worked well so far.

I think Moves Like Jagger is awful but I loved, and still like, This Love. It's just a nice pop song.

I think Moves Like Jagger is awful but I loved, and still like, This Love. It's just a nice pop song.

I like that song, too. There's a song of theirs from their second album called "Back at Your Door" that I particularly like as well-they do have some catchy songs, definitely.

Just, could do without "Moves Like Jagger" for a bit, myself. But hey, mobvok, if you like it, wonderful :).

Friend of mine, whose taste influences others, went to Bon Iver in the States last night and posted about how amazing it was. That was great, but then she uploaded a video of the entirety of Skinny Love! I'm being a pompous, elitist arse here but put it in your pocket and enjoy the goddamn show itself! It's like there isn't three million versions of it on youtube should someone else want to look it up. Ughhh #rantover

Related, this has 21.4 million views on youtube.

Birdy - Skinny Love [Official Music Video] - YouTube

It's nice (though very inferior) and she has a good voice but I'm gonna kill the next person who talks about how amazing it is, thinking it's her song.

I had a bad day today, that's why I'm in a crappy mood. I was meant to have the weekend's scores and next weekend's preview all done and filed by like 9am but I completely forgot about it over the weekend, and left late for work cos I was tired, and only remembered when the news editor rang me asking where the hell I was and where is the sports stuff. I got it done, but it was late.

Do you guys have any stories of similar stuff-ups at work or something for no other reason than you completely forgot about it? I could use a tale or two.

I think its rather miraculous, but I have been exposed to precisely the most tolerable amount of Moves Like Jagger and enjoy it. It's a razor thin precipice, to be sure, but it's worked well so far.

Same here. I can still tolerate Moves Like Jagger. This Love on the other hand... :yuck:

Laz needs an avatar change:

1h3rye.jpg

Who are you talking about?

I really did love Songs About Jane back in the day.

I do miss shouter. His posts, even the ones that went completely over my head, always enticed me. I hope he's okay. I remember one of his last posts was about his breakup with a long-term girlfriend...

Who are you talking about?

Paul Kinsey. He was a regular character on the extraordinary American television series Mad Men for its first three seasons, and then he was written off the show after the end of Season 3.

He was a fucking hilarious character, and one of my very favorites on the show. God damn shame.

I've been spoiled horribly by this page, btw. I'm on episode 8 of season 3. Dammit, this is so sad.

I just found it on my own. Makes me wish even more I had started listening to BSS sooner.

So amazing. And then Dalton's follow-up dismantling Shouter's typical indie reactions: priceless.

Dalton needs to stop poking in for a sec and make a full return.

I've been spoiled horribly by this page, btw. I'm on episode 8 of season 3. Dammit, this is so sad.

Oops. Yeah, it's tough not being caught up with this show. I haven't seen anything from this season save the premiere, and I feel like any time I go on Twitter or FB it's like a minefield of Mad Men spoilers. Even Hollywood Elsewhere had a major one today that I walked right into.

It's 1985. The members of the Clash, New Order and The Cure fight in a steel cage death match. Who comes out alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom