Random Music Talk LV: Discussing The Music We've Been Listening to and Enjoying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually do suck at navigation. I've never been good with directions. I don't know my right from left.

OR MY RIGHT FROM WRONG! SAY I'M A FOOL, SAY I"M NOTHING! BUT IF I'M A FOOL FOR YOU...OH, THAT'S SOMETHING!

I just read an amazing review of the new Sinead O'Connor record. It was written by a friend who reviews music for our local paper and he has the best taste of just about anyone I know. Wish I could link it here but it's not available online. Anyway, thought it was interesting she's doing something good again (apparently).

And...maybe this has already been discussed. If so, sorry. But anyone heard it?

Laz, when do you leave? And where are you going?

(Not stalking, just envious.)

Flying into Paris on Monday where I'll be meeting up with American friends and staying with local friends, then up to Berlin where I'll be staying with some friends there. That's set in stone. Afterwards I'll likely cruise down Eastern Europe (where I've never been), with a loose plan for the month of May of cutting back through Italy, making my way to Spain (specifically to Grenada) and taking the ferry down to Morocco.

At some point I'm also going to meet a friend who will be staying in London for a month, and she promised to give me the full tour incl. the countryside. I probably wouldn't go otherwise because it's expensive as all hell and destination-wise has never been a priority.

Sounds fantastic. Be sure to see the Gerhard Richter show in Berlin.

I just read an amazing review of the new Sinead O'Connor record. It was written by a friend who reviews music for our local paper and he has the best taste of just about anyone I know. Wish I could link it here but it's not available online. Anyway, thought it was interesting she's doing something good again (apparently).

And...maybe this has already been discussed. If so, sorry. But anyone heard it?

YES. I thought it was very, very good. Maybe two songs I didn't care for (I think the two at the end). I was half-listening to some review of it on NPR and I thought they said one of the songs is about Bono, but I haven't gotten around to going to listen to it again to see just how much bitchery she puts into it.

Laz, have a great time - that sounds like an amazing trip.

Ooh, I just found out that Matthew Sweet is going around playing the entire Girlfriend album. So I bought a ticket for one of the nights in Seattle. YES. I lost interest in him some years back, but damn, that's still one of my all-time favorite albums.

YES. I thought it was very, very good. Maybe two songs I didn't care for (I think the two at the end). I was half-listening to some review of it on NPR and I thought they said one of the songs is about Bono, but I haven't gotten around to going to listen to it again to see just how much bitchery she puts into it.

Thanks. She still seems kind of :coocoo:

Sinead O'Connor

Exhibit A
sinead_guitar1_col.jpg

Exhibit B
Dear Friends..

This is to let you all know before anyone else does that I have now officially joined the dating site known as PlentyOfFish.com (or pof) under the username of VeryCareful1 and invite anyone interested to view my profile.
Although I am living in Dublin I am of course also very much indeed interested in meeting nice gentlemen from other countries..
Read the profile. Stick to the rules. Otherwise I might mistakenly think you're a bit dim and not bother with u.

Reggo said:
Oh, right. Glee's literally the only show I watch on FOX, so I haven't had any promos to reference. Sad about Quinn. She was actually becoming a more interesting character.

It was actually the only show I was watching at all, since I couldn't exactly find the last season of breaking bad anywhere. But I'm kind of over it, and only saw the first two episodes of season three. I also wasn't too interested in tracking down season four of breaking bad. I do hate that I'm talking about those shows in the same paragraph since the first two seasons of breaking bad were excellent, and glee is just mildly entertaining at times. And that this is the music thread, not the tv thread...I also can't remember the last time I watched tv on tv, rather than streamed online. Hell, we don't even have a tv now.

Reggo said:
F*cking Comcast!

I emailed them asking for a copy of my W2 because I never got it and they asked for my mailing address, so I gave it to them. They sent me back an email saying I didn't respond, so they're closing my request. I replied to their damn address request email twice more and if I don't get a response, hell in whatever form I can manage is going to rain down on them.

Do you have an option to get them online from here on out? I decided I better do that cos mine never showed up either, and when I went to ask the hr lady where the hell it was, she said I wouldn't get it via mail for another two weeks...bastards.

I've only got two episodes to go in s3 of Breaking Bad... can I ask why you weren't interested? Because season three has been by far the best so far, in my opinion. I mean there hasn't been a bad episode, really, but s3 has had me captivated for every second.

Still think "stay out of my territory" + DLZ has been my favourite moment though.

I'm also completely not getting why you of all people would watch Glee.

You're in for a treat: the last two episodes shit all over the rest of the season. As a matter of fact, they may be the peak of the entire show. We'll see how S5 goes.

cobl04 said:
I've only got two episodes to go in s3 of Breaking Bad

Don't watch the first unless you've got the time to watch the second immediately after.

Do you have an option to get them online from here on out? I decided I better do that cos mine never showed up either, and when I went to ask the hr lady where the hell it was, she said I wouldn't get it via mail for another two weeks...bastards.

No, no online option. they can only mail or fax, and I don't have a fax machine.

EDIT: Oh, goddamn retarded Comcast! I just got off the phone with their HR department, they sent my W2 yesterday and didn't bother to email me to tell me. I have never been so thankful NOT to work somewhere in my life.

I've got to start getting a list going. Summer 2012 is going to be crazy good for music.

Best Coast
Dan Deacon
Dirty Projectors
The-Dream
Fiona Apple
Franz Ferdinand
Grizzly Bear
Guided By Voices
Here We Go Magic
Jack White
Janelle Monae
Japandroids
Liars
M. Ward
Metric
Neil Young & Crazy Horse
Phoenix
Santigold
Sigur Ros
Spiritualized
Sun Kil Moon
The Tallest Man on Earth
Tyler, the Creator
The Walkmen
The XX

There damn well better be some good ones in here.

Don't watch the first unless you've got the time to watch the second immediately after.

Duly noted. I kind of figured when I saw the episodes were named "Half Measures" and "Full Measures".

Can I ask what you guys thought of the "Fly" bottle episode? Been reading some reviews and it seems people either loved it or thought it was the worst episode of the show. I really liked it. The first half was ordinary, but once Jesse made Walt the coffee I was hanging on every word. I was so tense wondering if Walt was going to
tell Jesse he watched Jane die.

Back
Top Bottom