Random Music Talk LIX: (but doesn't suck)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what to say. I guess I used to wonder what he was saying but I didn't know it was a "thing" that people talked about. There was no Internet back then to explain these things to me so I didn't know I was supposed to care.

Well maybe you, iYup, Bono2121212, and Lemel should be subjected to a Welcome to the Jungle style assault on the senses, complete with those wires that keep your eyes open to a TV with much crotch grabbing and 30 years of shamons piped directly into your ear holes

Somebody needs to get The Weeknd, Jamie XX and Burial in the same room to make the most unsettling album about sex n' drugs ever.

Mine too. Must be an age thing, I remember people joking about all those things all the time when I was younger.

I also listened to Michael Jackson in a bubble. None of my friends gave a shit about him so I didn't have those conversations. Now if somebody doesn't know all the Bonoisms of course I think they're totally out of it. :D

How the hell do they call Burial "post-dubstep"?

Every time I even hear the phrase, I think of Burial. I always forget it's some weird shit type of music now, as in 2006, it was freaking awesome.

I remember the day I realized that tv shows were made to fill a specific time slot and not just how ever long the episode needed to be. By brother told me as I watched Polka Dot Door

People just like to be the first to say "I listen to x kind of music" in a lame attempt to impress people. Hence all the stupid genre names

How the hell do they call Burial "post-dubstep"?

Every time I even hear the phrase, I think of Burial. I always forget it's some weird shit type of music now, as in 2006, it was freaking awesome.

I think that's UK/future garage now. Anything to not get it confused with Skrillex.

It took 40 years to get from Rock to Post-Rock. It took 6 months to go from dubstep to post-dubstep. Shit's cray.

Imagine people were like that with other things in life? Post sandwiches and what not?

Speaking of which, I just had a delicious sandwich for dinner.

Post-delicious.

I'm not afraid to admit that I was usually underwhelmed by Moment of Surrender as a closer, even though I love the song on the record.

And thanks for sharing that Dirty Diana remix. Love that song.

New Guided By Voices album is very, very solid. A big improvement over Let's Go Eat The Factory, which was the definition of a crappy, unnecessary reunion album. They're really back.

In other news, I'm listening to POP ETC's album. My jaw literally dropped. I understand now why the Morning Benders actually changed their name; this sounds more like Justin Bieber or The Wanted than a band Chris Taylor once had to do with. Embarrassing. What a pack of trollops.

I'll add to the chorus and say I really didn't care for Moment of Surrender as a closer. Although I did like the fact that it gave me a head start on leaving the show before the rest of the crowd.

I also thought Walk On made for a crappy closer. At least on the Vertigo tour they dug up '40' and returned it to its rightful place. Except for the special nights when it was Bad :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom