Random Music Talk LIX: (but doesn't suck)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I never noticed that before (the MJ thing).

Ashley never noticed MJ saying HEE HEE!! until I cranked Billie Jean one day and the outro was just MJ saying HEE HEE!! over and over again for a full minute.

Honestly, it was South Park that pointed it out to me.

Remember The Time was my favorite song in the world when I was like two years old.

Children liking Michael Jackson is a thing now, but shit was only starting to go down in 1993. He wasn't a meme or anything. Still crushing tunes every day and all that. People start to notice how much of a creep you are when the hits dry up.

That's as bad as claiming he invented the moonwalk. MJ didn't invent shit, he just recorded great pop songs.

I can't wait for Laz to see what happened to his thread. Hee hee

YOU AND ME!
ON THE PHONE!
TIL DAWN!
TlL THREE!

Remember the video? I can't recall the plot, but they were all dressed like Egyptians. Magic Johnson was in it. I think he was chasing them around, trying to give them his aids

This blows my mind

Almost all of my listening to MJ came and still comes from Off the Wall and Thriller. I don't really recall the "shamon" thing on those albums. I think I just kind of tune out the rest of his catalogue, to be honest. :lol:

Remember the video? I can't recall the plot, but they were all dressed like Egyptians. Magic Johnson was in it. I think he was chasing them around, trying to give them his aids

Doesn't Eddie Murphy star in it? Funny I just mentioned him in another thread as well.

Doesn't Eddie Murphy star in it?

Yeah, it was his acting peak

Off The Wall is so fucking dope, except for that lame-ass McCartney song (why did he try to destroy MJ's career??). I don't dance much, but Don't Stop Til You Get Enough is what I always request. Probably my favorite song of his, barring Billie Jean and Human Nature. It's close. Rock With You and Remember The Time would round out a top 5.

Wait, there's a McCartney song on Off the Wall? I know there's the one on Thriller, and Say Say Say is on a McCartney album ... is there a third?

(Yes, I never owned Off the Wall. I had Thriller on vinyl and then nothing until that History collection came out .... and I threw away the disc with the new songs.)

I've always preferred Rock with You over Dont Stop Til You Get Enough (being the two still played semi regularly).
Say Say Say was a good MJ/Macca collab

I am appalled that I didn't know they'd done a third.

Thanks ... not sure if I dare listen or not.

Am I the only one who thinks Moment of Surrender didn't work all that well live?

Yes.

I thought I knew my Michael Jackson pretty well. I mean, we have the same initials and various friends throughout my life have called me "MJ" and you'd think that this alone would be enough to grant me special insight into the man in the mirror. But this shamone/jamone/cha'mone business is news to me.

I don't know what to say. I guess I used to wonder what he was saying but I didn't know it was a "thing" that people talked about. There was no Internet back then to explain these things to me so I didn't know I was supposed to care.

I guess this thread does suck after all.

That "shamon"/"hee hee" shit is a large part of why I despise Michael Jackson. So awful. Thankfully Off The Wall (still his best) is free of that for the most part.

Because I'm too lazy to go back and quote, I've been on record with my disappointment re: Moment of Service as a closer. Had they the balls to actually release it as a single (even if not the lead single) the crowd may have got into it more, because they certainly didn't respond that ecstatically the four times I saw the show.

I personally thought it was stunning live. But I had some personal losses both legs of the tour so it was going to knock me out no matter what.

As a closer? I liked it but I get why others didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom