Random Music Talk LIV: A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy (and Mac & Cheese)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's Velveeta. Kraft is the powder.

Get it right! :tsk:

I kid. I grew up not eating either kind. I never had mac & cheese out of a box until college. And it was several years beyond that when I first had the Velveeta kind.

While we're on the subject of unnatural food abominations, has anyone tried those Doritos tacos at Taco Bell? I don't think I've been there in years, but for some reason am intrigued.

One of my friends was telling me Taco Bell had/has a burrito with Fritos in it as well. I guess this isn't their first item with chips as an ingredient.

I would try the Dorito item. I haven't had Taco Bell in aaaaages. It's good once in a very great while. Like McDonald's.

mobvok, are you a fan of Red Mill Burgers? I hadn't eaten there in years, but one just opened in Ballard, and it's now my new favorite burger place. The fries are to die for.

Also, for local cuisine, if you're a BBQ fan, you HAVE to try RoRo's, if only for the sides. There's a few locations, including a new one in Ballard.

I went there once, last year. I...don't remember the meal very distinctly but I always kept the vague sensation I wanted to go back, so I might as well try and hit it up again for a better impression.

On the car ride over we discussed music we inflicted on our parents by hitting replay over and over again; it was Eiffel 65 for me and Britney Spears for the ladyfriends.

I went there once, last year. I...don't remember the meal very distinctly but I always kept the vague sensation I wanted to go back, so I might as well try and hit it up again for a better impression.

Which one, Red Mill or RoRo's?

oh, Red Mill. Gotta try RoRos sometime. also....did it snow today for you? In under an hour this afternoon I went from seeing fatty snowflakes falling to clear blue sunny skies.

u2popmofo said:
While we're on the subject of unnatural food abominations, has anyone tried those Doritos tacos at Taco Bell? I don't think I've been there in years, but for some reason am intrigued.

No, but I hate the Das Racist song that references it.

I don't like ending sentences with pronouns. That would like much better in Italian. "No, ma odio la canzone di Das Racist che citarla." I think. Bomac will correct me if I'm wrong.

oh, Red Mill. Gotta try RoRos sometime. also....did it snow today for you? In under an hour this afternoon I went from seeing fatty snowflakes falling to clear blue sunny skies.

YES. It was snowing/hailing really hard for about 10 minutes here in Ballard about an hour ago. Now it's sunny.

I know a lot of areas had some snow this morning. Snow in Seattle in mid-March? That's messed up.

It's just processed to all hell. Much of the texture and color is the result of chemicals foreign to the cheese-making process.

What gave it away - the fact that it's in powder form?

I mean... :lol:

Is it? I swear the last time I had it the consistency was almost like pudding. Or maybe that was Velveeta. It's been years.

Dear God, man....

It's amazing.

One of my friends was telling me Taco Bell had/has a burrito with Fritos in it as well. I guess this isn't their first item with chips as an ingredient.

So is this.

I have a ridiculous knowledge of what's served at Taco Bell, but this Doritos taco is one of the coolest things they've done in a while. Seriously, the shell isn't vaguely Doritos flavored...it's a giant fucking Dorito.

I may go get one to eat while watching my alma mater lose.

Ironically, I had a protein shake when i first got home, and was going to call that my dinner. I like yoyo-ing from one end of the spectrum to another.

No, I like pizza, as on most pizza there's only a thin layer of cheese.

I absolutely despise mozzarella sticks, though.

You should try deep-fried cheese curds. All the deliciousness of fried cheese, all in one bite, so no stringiness.

YES. It was snowing/hailing really hard for about 10 minutes here in Ballard about an hour ago. Now it's sunny.

I know a lot of areas had some snow this morning. Snow in Seattle in mid-March? That's messed up.

Same crazy weather down here in BFE. Sunny right now. We actually had about 30 minutes of snow/sleet at around 4:00, but it has all melted now. Nice snowstorm this morning as well.

God, I hate spring in Seattle. It's a sham.

Three months of middling mild temps not much warmer than it was previously, maybe a bit more sun, and one or two glorious weekends just to torment you, because it's not going to get warmer until July ... if you're lucky.

It's the one season where I get pissed off at the weather out here. While I don't miss the midwest winters, at least spring felt like a glorious change, not this half-assed shit.

It's in the upper 60s here today. We're supposed to have temperatures in the low to mid 70s for the next week or so. Very unusually warm for this time of year. I like it and yet I don't all at the same time. I kinda want my snow back.

I absolutely despise mozzarella sticks, though.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I LOVE mozarella sticks :drool:. Not sure about this Dorito taco thing, though...hm.

This band are fucking awsome.Never a dull moment. My hemroid

What's a "hemroid"?

Sooooooooo...

I like the new Miike Snow album. I'm listening to The Shins stream right now. Like what I hear so far.

I've also listened to Urban Dance Squad and Big Audio Dynamite today thanks to the last thread.

I wonder if I have any cheese...

wallace_gromit_cheese.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom