Random Music Talk LIV: A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy (and Mac & Cheese)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Whole Foods finally opened up near my neighborhood, I went a few times, but man, the novelty wore off pretty quickly.

Can I thank you all for cheering me up? That Rate the song thread was really getting to me. You are all hilarious, so thanks! :D

I'm Amy, for those that don't know.

I was going to mention Annie's, but Laz beat me to it. I love it.

Fresh and Easy just opened up one of their Neighborhood Markets right by us. They are quite expensive. I do love my Trader Joe's.

And, Del Taco kicks Taco Bell's ass all day, every time. Taco John's, though, has these delicious little potato balls. They make Great Falls, Montana, a good place.

I was going to mention Annie's, but Laz beat me to it. I love it.

Fresh and Easy just opened up one of their Neighborhood Markets right by us. They are quite expensive. I do love my Trader Joe's.

What's expensive? They're compatible with TJ's on most stuff, and some things are even cheaper. Most importantly, TJ's NEVER has sale prices on anything. F&E does.

Also, if you get one of their "rewards" cards (or whatever they call it), you can redeem collected points for cash off purchases. Pretty cool.

Hahaha, that was the first thing that came to my mind, too, cobl. I've been hanging around you guys in the "Community" thread FAR too much :p.

Can I thank you all for cheering me up? That Rate the song thread was really getting to me. You are all hilarious, so thanks! :D

I'm Amy, for those that don't know.

Hey, Amy, good to see you in here!

I've been sneaking peeks at that "rate" thing. It's...interesting.

No, I like pizza, as on most pizza there's only a thin layer of cheese.

I absolutely despise mozzarella sticks, though.

Do you have an aversion to swiss cheese as well? Most people I know that don't like cheese absolutely hate swiss.

Retarded threads like the one currently going that shall not be named are the #1 reason I stay the hell away from EYKIW. I know it's going to piss me off.

I love cheese and Swiss is probably my least favorite.

Of cheese I've tried, anyway. I'm sure I'd hate head cheese even more, but damned if I'm ever putting something called head cheese anywhere near my mouth.

Head Cheese isn't cheese, Cori:

:der: I'm sure I knew that at some point.

Two words never meant to be together: "meat" and "jelly."

Also, nothing is worse than American cheese. What bland, flavorless shit.

I grew up eating and loving it in grilled cheese sandwiches, but never cared for it on its own like some people do. You could just tell that it wasn't right.

What's expensive? They're compatible with TJ's on most stuff, and some things are even cheaper. Most importantly, TJ's NEVER has sale prices on anything. F&E does.

Also, if you get one of their "rewards" cards (or whatever they call it), you can redeem collected points for cash off purchases. Pretty cool.

I have my rewards card because those bastards put crack in their granola scones and now I'm addicted.

But their prices on milk and orange juice are way higher then even Vons, and much of their TJ's-like food is higher as well. Perhaps they have different prices for different areas.

Thoughts about Lykke Li? I've never heard of her (?) before, but Spotify is playing "Love Out Of Lust" at the moment.

Her first album is good, her latest is really, really good. You should definitely check her out.

Cori said:
I have tried many a mac and cheese recipe, searching for a homemade version I really like. The closest I've come was a "Black & Tan" mac and cheese that called for Guiness. It was very good, but just still not enough.
I have a killer recipe, if ever you're interested.

Yes, please! Send it my way if you get the chance. Here, or Facebook, or whatever, whenever.

Thanks! :)

Doesn't one of the guys from Radiohead credit Brian May as being the reason he learned how to play guitar? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else completely.

Lykke Li = :up:

Her music often blends elements of pop, indie rock and electronic; various instruments can also be found in her songs, including violins, synthesizers, tambourines, trumpets, saxophones and cellos.

my wheelhouse.

I'm Good, I'm Gone
Little Bit
Youth Knows No Pain
I Know Places

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom