Random Music Talk LIII: Even more fun than the last thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now it's got a cool film clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNeF30RverQ

They've come a long since these days

52232.jpg

What the fuck kind of amateur hour thread title is that?

Even Cobbler could have done better.

No mention of Davey Jones, our resident celeb mourner, Boner's weight, Lance's Mom, etc.?

FAIL.

A public service announcement followed me home the other day, and it said:

There is no E in Davy's first name.

Thank you.

That doesn't mean there's a leftover E to be used elsewhere all willy-nilly.

Show some respect for the littlest Monkee!

Beware: rant ahead...

Had my second shot at an interview for a shot to run the paper's website. Got stood up entirety. Shot the guy an email, no response. I'm tired of this shit. Last semester, a similar thing happened, twice. There was a new editor and she wanted to meet with me to find out my interests, know what to assign me to, etc. Took forever to get a hold of her because there's an embarrassing irresponsibility streak running through the whole staff.

This is a bigger deal than one may immediately think, because I have grown pretty tired of the whole journalistic format. I'm tired of writing about bullshit I don't care about 75% of the time, I'm tired of being told my writing is too complex, too close to prose to fit the format, I'm tired of tracking nobodies down for interviews. Yeah, that's what journalism generally is. I'm in the wrong racket, and it's become very obvious to me. Thankfully, I'm not a journalism major, and with this setback to me getting a higher position, I have more room to do what I need to do. I've recently made a point to stop being such a pussy and do my part to be happy, and I'm very much not happy in this situation. I'm not foolish enough to make a decision to drop my career path when I'm angry, even with incidents piling up, but I know there are plenty of other paths I could take that would make me happier. Shit, I'm only 21. Being happy matters a hell of a lot, and if I foresee being unhappy for years to come, I'm not going to be a coward and carry on that way. Spring break starts tomorrow, and I've got some thinking to do.

Back to music: XTC. Great band. I should start a thread for them, even though we're probably a decade or so away from another album.

I've recently made a point to stop being such a pussy and do my part to be happy, and I'm very much not happy in this situation. .... Being happy matters a hell of a lot,

It matters so much more than most people think it does. And since when are you a pussy?

Back to music: XTC. Great band. I should start a thread for them, even though we're probably a decade or so away from another album.

Yes. But a new album? Ever?

I was at the show when Andy Partridge called it quits. It was at the Hollywood Palladium and the opening band had finished and everyone was waiting for a very long time for them to come on. Finally someone came onstage and said the band wasn't going to perform that night and we all went home. I'd already seen them once and from what I can remember they were terrific.

It matters so much more than most people think it does. And since when are you a pussy?

I'm not, or at least I pride myself in not being. But here's the thing: I've an anxiety disorder for years that, at its worst, was clinical strength awful. Debilitating shit. So for years I took up a really laissez-faire attitude about my life and let a lot of people make decisions for me. Then I discovered that people are fucking stupid, and that screwing up on my own terms was preferable. Part of applying this knowledge is not taking up a career path that makes my life a living hell, no matter what others think. That's easier to do senior year than it will be 10 years down the road, I figure.

Yes. But a new album? Ever?

I was at the show when Andy Partridge called it quits. It was at the Hollywood Palladium and the opening band had finished and everyone was waiting for a very long time for them to come on. Finally someone came onstage and said the band wasn't going to perform that night and we all went home. I'd already seen them once and from what I can remember they were terrific.

Andy has a chronic case of stage fright, so it's not really surprising that he pulled that on you guys. But at least you got one great show out of them. :up:

I love how skillful these guys were at adding variety to their sound. I mean, just compare these two equally great songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C6bVckO_CM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm4gm9bmypg

Back
Top Bottom