Random Music Talk LIII: Even more fun than the last thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
understatement.

I need to hear more of Lindsey's solo stuff too. I Love them both so much.

I know you stopped talking about video games two pages ago and it's now a Prince situation but fuck it. There's some festival happening here at the moment so tonight there was some Waterworld type set-up with a DJ playing chiptunes and a bunch of 8/16-bit games playable for free and it was pretty fucking awesome. I requested the water music from Donkey Kong Country 1 and that shit happened.

Joyful wanted me to go to that, but I seriously needed to catch up on sleep. Sounds like an excellent time though.

Today is the cheap day for students. I don't know what that means exactly but the entrance fee is heavily discounted. The book fair is ginormous. Just about every publisher, magazine, journal, and University Press in the country has a booth. And you can talk to just about any writer you see - even super famous ones. It might be sold out, though.

Did not care for the Indian restaurant last night but they must have had Pandora on a Radiohead channel. I kept getting distracted from the conversation by the music in the background. There was one cool moment where I was so utterly bored with the conversation that the voices just faded away as Radiohead seemed to get louder and pretty soon I was just smiling and nodding to the mouths moving but all I could hear was "I will eat you alive I will eat you alive...." Just like in the movies and stuff.

Yessum. 4 or 5 times now. They put on a great show. You'd like them

I have a feeling that you are correct in that assumption.

I still know zero songs by that band :(

Here's the one Cobblerto was talking about, i think you might like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWR1h-5EzUo

I know you stopped talking about video games two pages ago and it's now a Prince situation but fuck it. There's some festival happening here at the moment so tonight there was some Waterworld type set-up with a DJ playing chiptunes and a bunch of 8/16-bit games playable for free and it was pretty fucking awesome. I requested the water music from Donkey Kong Country 1 and that shit happened.

Have you ever heard of the band, The Advantage? I think lots of people do it on Youtube and such now, but they sorta started the whole "rock covers of old video game music".

There was one cool moment where I was so utterly bored with the conversation

Gotta love business trips. :wink:

Somehow when I changed iTunes over from my old, dying computer to my new computer, I lost all of my Arctic Monkeys music. A lot of those b-sides I had bought on iTunes so I don't have physical copies. Sigh.

There was one cool moment where I was so utterly bored with the conversation that the voices just faded away as Radiohead seemed to get louder and pretty soon I was just smiling and nodding to the mouths moving but all I could hear was "I will eat you alive I will eat you alive...." Just like in the movies and stuff.

From a business perspective, that's a rather interesting choice for dining music. I'm not sure it is the kind of ambiance that a restaurant would want. :lol:

u2popmofo said:
JT, you are a better fan than myself, what say you to this?

I didn't see what Martha was referring to. On my phone, so I might be missing something. Walkmen?

From a business perspective, that's a rather interesting choice for dining music. I'm not sure it is the kind of ambiance that a restaurant would want. :lol:

I don't think anyone noticed but me. You could barely hear the person next to you talking because it was so noisy but you know how it is as a music fan. My friends are astounded that I can recognize the background music when they are not even aware that there's music playing at all. "I love this song!" "I can't even hear it!" is a frequent exchange in my life.

I am finally at break, so I am going to start listening to good music that has been released in 2012. What's good to eat at the B&C these days?

Their older stuff is really good, but I feel the newer stuff is a little less of an acquired taste. I'd start with You & Me (my favourite). Then Lisbon. Then Bows & Arrows, a Hundred Miles Off, Everyone Who Pretended to Like Me is Gone

Curious, what did you listen to that you enjoyed so much?

I just had to buy a ticket using Ticketmaster/LiveNation for the first time in years. What is this fuckery? A Rolling Stone subscription I have to send in rebate shit for if I don't want? $15.59 in fees? Ugh.

joyfulgirl said:
I don't think anyone noticed but me. You could barely hear the person next to you talking because it was so noisy but you know how it is as a music fan. My friends are astounded that I can recognize the background music when they are not even aware that there's music playing at all. "I love this song!" "I can't even hear it!" is a frequent exchange in my life.

Songs will frequently distract me from movies, or a movie being discussed at a later time will not be "the one with that guy in it" when I can't remember the name, but "the one with that song in it."

Imperor said:
I just had to buy a ticket using Ticketmaster/LiveNation for the first time in years. What is this fuckery? A Rolling Stone subscription I have to send in rebate shit for if I don't want? $15.59 in fees? Ugh.

The magazine subscription ridiculousness is a pain to cancel and may have resulted in some angry emails, yelling at customer service reps, and even then I still could only cancel it after the free 6mos. They're fearing the end of the printed word or something and really, really want you to have their magazine.

iTunes now allows you to re-download anything you have previously purchased.

The problem being that I don't have that iTunes account anymore. Sigh. Oh well. With the knowledge that I did purchase it, I shall happily reacquire it elsewhere.

Their older stuff is really good, but I feel the newer stuff is a little less of an acquired taste. I'd start with You & Me (my favourite). Then Lisbon. Then Bows & Arrows, a Hundred Miles Off, Everyone Who Pretended to Like Me is Gone

Curious, what did you listen to that you enjoyed so much?

Thanks. Mofo put up The Rat. Loved it.

Oh, ok. Wicked song. If you can find any live videos to watch, check out how awesome the drummer is. There's a version 'from Juan's basement' that you can find on YouTube.

Also, if you like that, check out the songs 'All Hands and the Cook' 'Angela Surf City' and 'In the New Year'

Gearing up for the Monkees marathon that starts at 3 culminating in a broadcast of "Head" at 10 tomorrow night. The DVR is set & I'm ready to OD on silliness.

Oh, ok. Wicked song. If you can find any live videos to watch, check out how awesome the drummer is. There's a version 'from Juan's basement' that you can find on YouTube

You have me at "awesome drummer".

Back
Top Bottom