Random Music Talk LIII: Even more fun than the last thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just was looking at it though, and I find it a little inaccurate/not so fun, when it doesn't include townships inside of larger cities. I want to know how much total space something that would be listed in the city of Michigan City, IN takes up including townships.

:lol: how has this escalated? I'm just easily distracted and like to type towns into google maps to see how big they are/where their boundaries lie. Then I realise I've been doing it without thinking for 10 minutes and get back to actual work. I don't study it, take notes or anything. It's like when you're on Wikipedia and just click from one link to the next one that catches your eye.

bono_man2002 said:
Cobbler is clearly pretty busy today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzJNMRt2yLU * SPOILER *

:up: great scene/episode

Cobbler look!

shiny-objects-post.jpg

images

shiny.jpg

shinyDiamond-300x300.jpg

2035372631_0339851b80.jpg

:lol: how has this escalated? I'm just easily distracted and like to type towns into google maps to see how big they are/where their boundaries lie. Then I realise I've been doing it without thinking for 10 minutes and get back to actual work. I don't study it, take notes or anything. It's like when you're on Wikipedia and just click from one link to the next one that catches your eye.
yeeees. i think i've seen these boundaries on google maps, though when i went on there and typed in a city after you made your initial post, i didn't see them. i'm curious as to where google maps thinks certain areas stop and start in the memphis metro area. :nerd:

Well that's kinda what I'm saying. If you know or have been through the cities, then it makes sense. And Cobbler, I'm not saying it's retarded. I'm interested in why you're interested.
Anyone interested in why I'm interested in why he's interested?

I'm interested if anyone's interested in why you're interested in why Cobbler's interested.

posts like that make me glad the blue crack is blocked from work.

Yep, all message boards, social media, youtube. You can check your personal email, that's about all.

Heck, we can't even do that at my job. We're incredibly restricted on the websites we can use: the website for the bookstore itself, FantasticFiction.com, and occasionally Wikipedia. And that's it. Which makes it very difficult when someone comes in looking for a book we can't find on ANY of those sites (and which tends to happen a lot).

On another note, okay, does anyone else find it incredibly creepy when a celebrity turns 18 and everyone goes, "Oooh, they're LEGAL!"

Been seeing that all over in relation to Justin Bieber's birthday and...eesh.

I have an iTunes playlist for all my 2012 albums that's sorted alphabetically by album title, so for now, Put Your Back N2 It is followed immediately by Reign Of Terror. I was driving home from Seattle today, listening to Perfume Genius and feeling all melancholy and contemplative, when True Shred Guitar kicked in. Perfume Genius does NOT flow well into Sleigh Bells.

On another note, okay, does anyone else find it incredibly creepy when a celebrity turns 18 and everyone goes, "Oooh, they're LEGAL!"

So, give him what, two months before he starts hanging with Lindsay Lohan?

Reminds me that I need to get those Kills tracks soon. One can never have enough of Alison Mosshart.

Frankly I think it's ridiculous those sites are blocked. They're extremely useful in the journalism field, anyway.
Really only in journalism and business, though. If your job does not require you being in constant communication with people, they're just distractions.

Journalism FTW, is my point.

Yep, all message boards, social media, youtube. You can check your personal email, that's about all.
i hate workplaces that do that. the internet doesn't decrease productivity, what decreases productivity is unhappy employees. if you treat them like shit and underpay them, they'll goof off on facebook or wherever all day. treat them well, and yes they'll still check their sites, but they won't slack off on work to do it. and those that do in those circumstances are the exception and deserve to be fired, not ruin things for everyone. or perhaps they just have fuck all to do. my last job i legit was done with my work for the day by about 10:30 am. there was even one day where everything aligned where i had my daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports that could all be done on the same day. i thought for once i would be able to fill all eight hours. nope, i was done before lunch.

i've heard though if you go to a site that allows secure connections (https) that any filters in place are bypassed. the other i've heard is using google translate, assuming where you work doesn't block it.

yes, so creepy. usually it's reserved for female celebs, but those birthday countdowns and such are so gross. so when they're 17 years and 364 days old it's wrong, but that next day it's suddenly fine? it's one thing if said person is around the same age, but usually the people doing those countdowns and celebrating their new legal status are in their mid-20s or so.

i hate workplaces that do that. the internet doesn't decrease productivity, what decreases productivity is unhappy employees. if you treat them like shit and underpay them, they'll goof off on facebook or wherever all day. treat them well, and yes they'll still check their sites, but they won't slack off on work to do it. and those that do in those circumstances are the exception and deserve to be fired, not ruin things for everyone. or perhaps they just have fuck all to do.

:up:

I wouldn't have the time to check any non-work stuff anyway even if I wanted to at my job-we have one computer in the back, and I'm hardly ever there except on break, and the other two are right up front at the checkout counter. So I'm too busy looking things up for people or checking out their books to get a chance with that stuff (and if I did try they're so out in the open that I'd get caught in two seconds flat).

yes, so creepy. usually it's reserved for female celebs, but those birthday countdowns and such are so gross. so when they're 17 years and 364 days old it's wrong, but that next day it's suddenly fine? it's one thing if said person is around the same age, but usually the people doing those countdowns and celebrating their new legal status are in their mid-20s or so.

Exactly. Yeah, it's like when Mary-Kate and Ashley were turning 18, all these creepy old guys were commenting on it and I'm thinking, "Looks like we'll be seeing you on a sex offender list in the future, I'm guessing..."

Not to mention, if your life consists mostly of waiting for underage people to hit legal age, you might want to take a long look and see where things took a wrong turn.

And then of course there's the fact that...yeah, they turned 18, and? They managed to hit an age millions of other people the world over have been or will one day be at some point? Wow! Wish them a happy birthday if you want, sure, but it's not really that shocking an event or worthy of mass media discussion.

Back
Top Bottom