Random Music Talk LII: No Cobbler, No Cry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Danny Boy said:
Also, I never got around to listening to Blood Pressures all the way through. I will remedy this very soon.

Get on that shit. Underrated album.

As for the Crabby Load medley at the Grammys, my thoughts exactly. The solos took an eternity, but I enjoyed the performance on the whole.

Apparently one of the prerequisites to be in McCartney's band is to look like a complete douche.

alright, i'm calling full onslaught on Nick66 and Nipples at 3pm ET.

let's make it happen.

He was great when I saw him last year. Wait, was that last year or two years ago? I'm apparently getting old as well.

Wow, you'd think the mods would have intervened in the Rate The Song threads by now. A lot of name-calling and verbal abuse going on (I say this as one of the guilty parties).

It's like an old school NHL game.

valentine-molaram.jpg

I was speaking about the extremely high quality of the Bonnaroo lineup.

iron yuppie said:
Impy, yea or nay to the new Tennis album?

Yea! Although I just left Waterloo during my lunch break and they don't have it, the Loser Edition of the Shearwater album, or the promised tri colors of the Jack White 45. What the hell? I wasted my entire break going down there.

Wow, you'd think the mods would have intervened in the Rate The Song threads by now. A lot of name-calling and verbal abuse going on (I say this as one of the guilty parties).

It's like an old school NHL game.

for once, it would be fun if no one reported the thread and would just let us duke it out. that would actually be old school Interference. i remember having a 3 page slapfest years and years ago with u2girl on why alcohol is more dangerous than pot and i think i called her every name in the book. :)

You know, as frustrating as she can be to argue with, she at least appears to like the music.

These two assholes seem to want to enter every thread just so they can take potshots at great songs.

Plus, anyone who thinks TUF is perfect but thinks all the 90's songs are overrated should be harvested for organs. While alive.

These two assholes seem to want to enter every thread just so they can take potshots at great songs.

I see it as wanting to put their (well, this might apply more to numbers) considerable intellect on display whenever possible, even if it means forcing out some pseudo-thoughtful-yet-meaningless drivel just so the post is longer.

Plus, anyone who thinks TUF is perfect but thinks all the 90's songs are overrated should be harvested for organs. While alive.

First, :shame:. Second, ha!

You know, as frustrating as she can be to argue with, she at least appears to like the music.

yeah, i always look at TUF and parts of NLOTH as albums that fit in well with the band's 90's music.

agreed. those two both have such a condescending attitude and seem to thrive on voicing their "minority" opinions. they're the Skip Bayless of Interference.

lazarus said:

For years, I was adamant that she was the Interferencer in greatest need of banning, but now I'm not sure. At least she doesn't have a dick to compensate for like Numbers and Nick. Those guys aren't my favorites individually, but it's pretty astounding how obnoxious they can be together.

Listening to Modern Life is Rubbish right now, hearing Oily Water when I saw Blur has got to be one of the coolest concert experiences I've had. How fucking random for them to play that song, and it's an amazing one.

blur reminds me of yertle. he was never quite able to get me that into the band.

i bet mofo has some vague recollections of some arguments i had with U2kitten. oh wait, you're talking about U2girl. disregard.

it's probably safe to say he's the only person who has ever called the umass radio station from singapore :lol:

Back
Top Bottom