Random Music Talk LII: No Cobbler, No Cry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It must be that one damn song with the piano arpeggios, right? I can't remember the name of it.

Are there others?

I don't have any problem with the song, actually, it was just hilarious to hear it at the gym.......after Clocks. Worst gym radio ever. I listened to a Budgie album, as well as some Black Sabbath and Fucked Up, but couldn't block it out completely.

I loved that song. But yeah, not a gym tune. But still better than Hey Soul Sister and I'm Yours, which they thrashed at mine before I got lazy.

They also used to thrash Under the God by Tin Machine :lol:

Gym music can really influence the workout. I'll never forget one school gym that I used to frequent. It played Red Hot Chili Peppers constantly - and I mean constantly, like once every four or five songs. I thought RHCP were alright before that, but now I absolutely despise them on account of that gym.

That reminds me of a song they thrashed at mine that I can't recall. The verses sounded a lot like early to Blood Sugar era RHCP, replete with Flea-lite bass. Then it gives way to a hideous chorus that retains none of the chorus music, with a line something like "you are the ?? but you can't hide it". It's also got a really bad video, 80s like, with bolts of lightning and shit. Singer even kind of looks like Kiedis, iirc. Anyone know it?

I saw them open for Metallica/GNR in the early 90's. I think they played that song 3 times before getting booed off stage.

Yikes. 3 times in one show?

I know that song, their cover of the Commodores' "Easy", and "Falling To Pieces". And that's about it. "Epic" is all right, but yeah, if I had to hear it repeatedly like that, I'd probably really wind up hating it to no end.

Yeah, the gym was fucking pissing me off tonight. I was trying to listen to "Brothersport" and it mixed with fucking Vanessa Carlton was just not working. I may write an angry e-mail.

I wonder what Antoine Dodson is up to now.

Last I heard, doing shit for charity. I should look into this.

I'm at a bar I don't want to be at and theyre playing Pon Di Floor. What the fuck :(

I'm getting the fuck out of here. I hope this isn't the shit imps and Phils tolerate weekly

i'll take pretty much any mike patton project over kanye any day. well, maybe not the spaghetti western orchestra stuff. but definitely faith no more, especially angel dust because that album kicks ass (and epic wasn't on it).

Back
Top Bottom