Random Music Talk LI: In Which We Don't Mention Menstruation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see a new horizon underneath the blazin' sky
I'll be where the eagle's flying higher and higher
Gonna be your man in motion, all I need is a pair of wheels
Take me where my future's lyin', St. Elmo's Fire

Aw yeah.

I forgot what I came over here to say, but did any of you see that Leslie Carter died? What the fuck?

I Belong in Your Arms by Chairlift was the single of the week on iTunes last week (maybe it still is, I have no clue). Anyways, I like that song. Is the album pretty comparable to that track, Imps?

I Belong in Your Arms by Chairlift was the single of the week on iTunes last week (maybe it still is, I have no clue). Anyways, I like that song. Is the album pretty comparable to that track, Imps?

Listening now. It's THAT! Song. Oh yes, I love this one. I don't like to pick more than two favorites per album, usually, but I did mean to add this one to the list. Yeah, I'd say that song's pretty indicative of the rest of the album.

Yeah, I'm waiting til Payday (and holding out for an Amazon deal), but I'm buying it asap.

So I've been in moving hell and today was the dreaded Comcast day. An hour ago I couldn't wait to come in here and tell everyone (mainly Reggo, of course) that I actually had a positive experience to share.

Until it all went sour as usual and I ended up once again screaming at the customer service rep in a blind rage.

What strikes me as hilarious now is that after I finished yelling, there was a moment of silence on the other end followed by whistling. I guess the guy was used to this that he has decided to just whistle it all away.

So, hi and stuff. :wave:

Did I miss anything major?

So, this new McCartney album is about the most boring thing I've ever heard.

Someone would have to be really in the right mood to enjoy this shit. And I'm not even sure what mood that would be. Comatose?

Hehe, whistling, joyfulgirl? That's great :D. But yeah, hi :wave:!

Cobl, well past time for you to have read this, but if you get any chance to do so, have a good, safe trip!

May have to hear more from Charlift here. I just know their "Bruises" song. But I like it.

I forgot what I came over here to say, but did any of you see that Leslie Carter died? What the fuck?

I had to look up who that was :reject:.

But wow, that's sad news. Condolances to her family.

I hate the song "Bruises" so damn much, I don't think I could put it into words.

Yeah, I realize on her own she's not too famous, but that's some startling news nonetheless.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to start with Nick Cave? There does not really seem to be a critical consensus.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to start with Nick Cave? There does not really seem to be a critical consensus.

Let Love In. Pretty much mid-period Nick Cave (8th out of his 14 solo albums), great reviews, rocks but also has some mellower standouts.

Not my favorite (that would be the later double album Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus), but I think the above would be the consensus pick here.

That IS inexplicable.

My dad always told me that's what the people who run classics stations used as their dividing line-10 years old or older and it's automatically "classic" material. On the "classic alternative" Music Choice channel I listen to sometimes here, U2's "Beautiful Day" gets played.

But it's still really bizarre to think that music I heard at 14, 15, 16 years old is already considered "classic" (which generally is a nicer way of saying "old" sometimes, I think).

One night we had the oldies station on in the car, and Mike Harvey's "Super Gold" was on, and they played "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For". A song that came out 3 years after I was born. On an oldies station.

Go figure that one out :huh:.

i agree with the wierdness that is this. something very odd about hearing JT tunes on oldies stations, indeed. and that makes me the same age as you.

in other news, i'm going back to swtor and the magnetic fields rather than catch up on this thread. light saber and an endless loop of all the umbrellas in london. good fucking god where was this song when i was in high school? oh right, it was out there and i just didn't know about it because i was stupidly still listening to the radio back then. or how about college? oh wait, fucking thing was on my ipod then and i had overlooked it. fail. :sigh:

yes, i lied.

So I've been in moving hell and today was the dreaded Comcast day. An hour ago I couldn't wait to come in here and tell everyone (mainly Reggo, of course) that I actually had a positive experience to share.

Until it all went sour as usual and I ended up once again screaming at the customer service rep in a blind rage.

What strikes me as hilarious now is that after I finished yelling, there was a moment of silence on the other end followed by whistling. I guess the guy was used to this that he has decided to just whistle it all away.

So, hi and stuff. :wave:

Did I miss anything major?

i was looking forward (read: dreading majorly) my comcast hell day this week, and went online and did the online chat thing to talk to someone--after 10 minutes of utter bullshit "thank you so much for answering that question for me. can i ask you if you currently just internet, or cable/phone as well?" um, by the way, when i say just "no" to that, technically it sounds like i'm saying no you can't ask me. but anyway. i then found we have charter in the town i'm moving to, so no more comcast for me. i'm sure charter will be equally irritating and i've decided i am not even going to get started trying to deal with them til i'm entirely moved into the house. and i've heard nothing but how much they suck (they better have service that can handle two people in the same house playing graphics-intense video games, otherwise we might just blow them up. the new housemate played with explosives back in his army days. we'll make shit happen. and they better not try to push their tv/phone packages on me, either. because all we need is internet. i was so sick of comcast calling me to try to sell me more stuff).

So, this new McCartney album is about the most boring thing I've ever heard.

Someone would have to be really in the right mood to enjoy this shit. And I'm not even sure what mood that would be. Comatose?

this is the standards thing, right? yeah, not touching this one. i keep saying that, and have ended up buying way too many albums since i decided no more mccartney solo stuff ever again. but this just sounds like a bad idea. at least the others had semi-promising lead singles that were just catchy enough to trick me into buying the albums. really gotta remember i haven't liked anything since run devil run. must not forget that. although, i don't even want to hear this thing, let alone spend money on it, so we should be good.

I started with the greatest hits album, or was it Boatman's Call? and I wasn't disappointed and was able to dive right in.

Abbatoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus is amazing and I'm going to say go get it right now. Go get your jacket and a twenty and go get it.

Abbatoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus is amazing and I'm going to say go get it right now. Go get your jacket and a twenty and go get it.

Damn, I had an $8 used copy in my hand today, but put it down in favor of Tom Waits' Heart of Saturday Night. I'll try to go back later in the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom