Random Music Talk L: I Have A Dreamsicle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
corianderstem said:
Snowmaggedon, bitches. It's coming.

(Or not. Because when they proactively close the schools, and our office is declared closed a day early .... you know it's not actually happening.)

For now they've decided to open our office at 10:00, which seems like a ridiculous decision since that's supposed to be the peak of the storm. Wait until the roads get really bad, then come in.

But who knows, these things never happen exactly like they're supposed to, and they still may decide not to open at all if things are that bad.

I think even if we just get 2" in Seattle, most people will stay home. I'm not risking the bus clusterfuck when I can work fine from home. ...... which means sleeping in an extra hour. :drool:

An inch of snow closed down the Las Vegas airport once. The problem is that the Midwest has the equipment and the experience to deal with it; much of the West doesn't. If you don't have (enough) snowplows and shit, everything has to stop.

already got 7 inches of snow here.....was driving up I-5 yesterday and it just looked completely bare until turning onto 405.

An inch of snow closed down the Las Vegas airport once. The problem is that the Midwest has the equipment and the experience to deal with it; much of the West doesn't. If you don't have (enough) snowplows and shit, everything has to stop.

Oh, yeah, I get that. Massive snowfalls would indeed be a pain for you guys out there.

But we've never used snowplows for that small an amount of snow out here, that I can recall, so the idea of using them for 2 inches or less (even 3 is still too small an amount) anywhere strikes me strange.

A Serious Man. Great film, really quotable like usual Coens fare. Boy is it a bummer though.

Glad someone got this.

Despite the crazy ending, I wouldn't call it a "bummer" overall. I just showed it to some friends last week and we were cracking up throughout the whole thing. The only film of theirs I find funnier is Lebowski. And maybe Burn After Reading.

lazarus said:
Glad someone got this.

Despite the crazy ending, I wouldn't call it a "bummer" overall. I just showed it to some friends last week and we were cracking up throughout the whole thing. The only film of theirs I find funnier is Lebowski. And maybe Burn After Reading.

Oh, it's funny, no doubt. I love it when they embrace Jewish humor. I would call it among their darkest comedies though.

Oh, it's super black comedy for sure. The Man Who Wasn't There is another one that's dark and tragic, but I'm laughing throughout most of that one, too.

If you haven't seen that, LM, get on it.

already got 7 inches of snow here.....was driving up I-5 yesterday and it just looked completely bare until turning onto 405.

Holy crap. I drove from Ballard to Northgate, and sure enough, I got about 10 blocks away from my apartment, and BAM! Snow. At least the roads were clear (except for the one side street I needed to drive through. That was unpleasant.

Happy to be home. Stay safe and snuggly, fellow Seattle(area)ites.

Considering I've been copy and pasting all my posts from Wikipedia for the last three years, I will not be very productive for the next 24 hours.

Apparently you just have to disable java script or block the function with adblock

Man oh man does Coyne post some weird shit on twitter. I love it though.

Anyway, after yet another listen to The Stage Names, I feel that seeing them live would be the only way for me to fall in love with them. They were here in October but I didn't go. I mean, I fucking love Our Life is Not a Movie... and Girl in Port, and Unless It's Kicks and John B Sails are good too, but I'm just not getting it. Perhaps someone can suggest another album I might like. I tried I Am Very Far last year; I found it almost entirely impenetrable.

Also, if you really need on Wikipedia and don't want to mess around with your settings, the blackout script seems to be the last thing to load. Just stop the page from fully loading

Tune-yards??

Really?

That has to be the most indie winner in quite some time.

I'm pretty shocked PJ Harvey didn't take it.

Also surprised Wild Flag scored that high; a great album I need to listen to more.

And who would have thought M83 would be as low as #19?

A giant LOL for Radiohead at #33. For the record, No Net managed to place at #32, and their two albums before that were both in the Top 5-10.

How many places do they take rankings from? Yay for #7

750 critics this year. They don't just base the results on media outlets, which is why I love this poll so much; lots of really unusual lists in there. Not really digging this year's though, by any means.

Watch The fucking Throne in 3rd. That's crazy. Critics didn't even really love that one. Bon Iver no higher than #9 is nice, but DRAKE is above it and the Weeknd. Fuck, that album sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom