Random Music Talk CXXIV: Axver's All Out of Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
also, "everybody wants to rule the world" has *by far* the most underappreciated guitar solo of the 1980's.

don't @ me bro.

Neil and Liam Finn's new album is good.

Not great, but good.

Me at a Beach House show:

- "This sounds fantastic. Such a great live band. I love this song. Wait, haven't they played this song earlier in the set?"

Lolz, I feel the same and love all of their albums.

Anyone listen to the new Mitski album? I think it may be her strongest work yet, or at the very least as strong as Puberty 2.

Geyser, Remember My Name, Me and My Husband, Nobody and Washing Machine Heart are early favorites.

Only heard it once, but I liked it a lot.

What do you think of the new Interpol album? On first listen I don't think I like it as much as the last one, but my friends seem to all love it.

I didn't like Interpol's new album at all, which makes me sad because El Pintor was their best in a long time IMO.

I’ve only listened to it once, but it was quite unremarkable.

I think it's quite good. Maybe not as many highlights as El Pintor, but it might be better overall.

Totally random question here, but for anyone from Boston or who has traveled out of Boston a lot, do the Amtrak trains tend to run on time? I might have to get to New Haven and back on a fairly tight schedule.

Totally random question here, but for anyone from Boston or who has traveled out of Boston a lot, do the Amtrak trains tend to run on time? I might have to get to New Haven and back on a fairly tight schedule.

I've only traveled out of Boston a few times by train (taking it to New York). Those few times the Amtrak Acela trains ran on time, both for departing from Boston as well for arriving in NYC.
Maybe someone who has more experience has a more accurate opinion, but in my situation it went OK.

Revolution turned 50 yesterday. You know, the song that was relegated to a b-side because of Hey Jude. Macca that fuckhead thought it was too political to be a single. Meanwhile, his own inferior attempt to rock out with Helter Skelter inspired Manson to murder people so that makes him an even bigger asshole.

Revolution turned 50 yesterday. You know, the song that was relegated to a b-side because of Hey Jude. Macca that fuckhead thought it was too political to be a single. Meanwhile, his own inferior attempt to rock out with Helter Skelter inspired Manson to murder people so that makes him an even bigger asshole.

Revolution is awesome.

So are Hey Jude and Helter Skelter.

I refuse to jump on your Macca hate train.

I love Hey Jude, it's in my Beatoffs Top 10.

Helter Skelter is kind of a tuneless plod and Macca going all screamy rarely worked as well as it did for Lennon. It's more notable for how atypical it is than for its actual quality as a song.

The guitar in Revolution is on another level. Maybe the best I’ve ever heard.

Looked up the song on Wiki today to refresh my memory, man how badass that session was:

The distorted guitar sound was achieved by direct injection of the guitar signal into the mixing console.[30] Emerick later explained that he routed the signal through two microphone preamplifiers in series while keeping the amount of overload just below the point of overheating the console. This was such a severe abuse of the studio equipment that Emerick thought, "If I was the studio manager and saw this going on, I'd fire myself."

idk if it's too late to answer this or not, but for the most part amtrak trains in new england are pretty reliable. it's only the longer haul stuff (looking at you, auto train and empire builder) that are always super delayed.

Not sure about the trains because I’ve never taken one, but Peter Pan seems to operate on Neverland time so stay away from the bus.

Not sure about the trains because I’ve never taken one, but Peter Pan seems to operate on Neverland time so stay away from the bus.

peter_flies2_adj_680h.jpg

Since photobucket is gone, it took me a while to locate that classic, after googling “peter pan cosplay” and “peter pan model” I finally scored with “peter pan weirdo”.

Desert Daze just added Slowdive to their lineup, which already includes My Bloody Valentine, Tame Impala, Ty Segall, Warpaint, Jarvis Cocker, and Mercury Rev. If you’re in SoCal this should be a no-brainer.

Some personal news:

Mrs. Gump is pregnant, a little boy expected for early March.

Damn I feel old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom