Random Music Talk CXXIV: Axver's All Out of Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be hyperbolic and say the new Robyn is her best yet. I love the new direction and find it to be stronger top to bottom than the Body Talk compilation.

Happy Halloween!!!

Mofo, you know I listened to All Hallows E.P. this morning on my way to work. Love it more every year <3

Actually if you search Google for 'Robyn', you get the same result as the poor sap in Fargo who tried to look up VM Varga.

You don’t know who Robyn is, you don’t even like this type of music, so why are you posting it just so you can trash it?

:ohsnap:

That said first listen to the new CJR doesn’t have me bouncing off the walls but it’s gerd. Waaaaaay into the new Robyn album tho, great shit.

Carly track is solid, certainly nothing to dampen my excitement for the album. Great video.

I feel like I shouldn’t be but I’m very into this

https://youtu.be/k8XVZ65JEB0

What are we calling these now, “problematic faves”?

I'm a little behind, but I am feeling the new Robyn album. A few adjectives I'd use to describe it: warm, vulnerable, human, restrained, resilient. And all of that over beats you can dance to. She strikes me as someone who is living her best life, which doesn't necessarily mean it is pain-free or easy. Her songs show how complicated it is to be human, but she's got the confidence to roll with all of it and embrace the mess and the alone time. I'm just so impressed with her as an artist. Honey was worth the wait.

And for what it's worth to the "she's a new person we need to know about" comment (which was probably a joke?)... Her first hit was in 1997, and Honey is her sixth solo album. She's been around for awhile, and thank god.

I'm a little behind, but I am feeling the new Robyn album. A few adjectives I'd use to describe it: warm, vulnerable, human, restrained, resilient. And all of that over beats you can dance to. She strikes me as someone who is living her best life, which doesn't necessarily mean it is pain-free or easy. Her songs show how complicated it is to be human, but she's got the confidence to roll with all of it and embrace the mess and the alone time. I'm just so impressed with her as an artist. Honey was worth the wait.

And for what it's worth to the "she's a new person we need to know about" comment (which was probably a joke?)... Her first hit was in 1997, and Honey is her sixth solo album. She's been around for awhile, and thank god.

It was a joke, yes. I don't have anything against Robyn, I mostly just know that such an artist exists and has done for a while. I was just riffing off an old Clickhole piece I remember from years back.

Having two kids means less disposable income, so the days of buying 50+ CDs a year has finally come to an end for me. I jumped into the decade and got Spotify premium.

Really, really digging the Surf Rock Sunshine playlist right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom