Random Music Talk CXXIV: Axver's All Out of Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I see that's Abbott and Abe its like my nightmare situation, its gonna just traumatize my left wing ass for a while

Just an hour or two ago I was dreaming that I was the drummer for The National. I was damned good at it, too.

No one in the actual version of the band was in the dream version as far as I can tell, but still.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Cat Power’s Woman may be my song of the year so far.

It’s one of her best recordings. The album overall was a little underwhelming at my first listen, but that’s mainly because her last one was my AOTY, so the bar was high.

In other CP news, last night I poked into Amoeba Records for a quick visit and grabbed a used copy of what I think is her first LP (What Would The Community Think?) for just $4.

Just an hour or two ago I was dreaming that I was the drummer for The National. I was damned good at it, too.

No one in the actual version of the band was in the dream version as far as I can tell, but still.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference
Close enough.

In other CP news, last night I poked into Amoeba Records for a quick visit and grabbed a used copy of what I think is her first LP (What Would The Community Think?) for just $4.

Hottest take: that's my favorite CP record. I love that austere, brittle early sound from her.

Haven't heard Wanderer yet, but I'll do that now.

I also really like Phosphorescent's new album, maybe more so than Muchacho. There is nothing close to Song for Zula on this one, but C'est la vie is a bit more varied and consistent.

I'm enjoying how much social media seems to think I do or should care about Taylor Swift's political opinions.

Soft Tory anyway.

After today’s shenanigans in the Oval Office, I don’t think I can ever, in good conscience, listen to Kanye again.

But I think I’ll become a Taylor Swift fan now.

The man is genuinely cooked.

There’s little doubt in my mind that Kanye West intends to run for President in 2020.

I can’t see any other reason for this.

Just found out Kurt Vile's new album is out today. First song already sounds fantastic.

I'm actually amazed how he's become one of my favorite artists of the past five years, as I wasn't convinced by Smoke Ring for My Halo at first.

After today’s shenanigans in the Oval Office, I don’t think I can ever, in good conscience, listen to Kanye again.

But I think I’ll become a Taylor Swift fan now.

The man is genuinely cooked.

There’s little doubt in my mind that Kanye West intends to run for President in 2020.

I can’t see any other reason for this.

This has to be some long con, just a question of when he reveals his end game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom