Random Music Talk CXXIV: Axver's All Out of Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost surprised Tolkien Footy isn't a thing.

Still basking in the glow of yesterday's result.
I often feel like fans of sports and pop culture are two circles of a venn diagram that don't meet except for outliers like me.

I'm making an intro to hip-hop playlist for Em... I think I already mentioned it.

Fuck me dead how have I not listened to Endtroducing..... in so long. Alongside Madvillainy it's the hardest one to include single tracks from because it's so perfect front to back.

Shoutout to Kanye West for being a massive obnoxious arsehole and making it exceptionally hard to enjoy any of his music.

I'm honestly trying to figure out what his 13th amendment text meant. The fact that it specifies allowing incarceration which has kept black people enslaved in a sense? I mean, that's a fair point, but it doesn't jibe with buddying up to Trump. If anything, the Trump Justice Department has worked to expand the private prison system.

I loved Pablo and Kids See Ghosts, and Ye was pretty good, so I don't want to ignore his new material. He's still got it.

The problem is ignoring all the bullshit that surrounds it. Even I'm finding it difficult at this point to accept his trolling as part of the complete package. This weekend was a complete disaster for him.

I saw him open for The Cult in 1990-something and he put on a really good show.

Come to think of it, I believe he opened for U2 in Seattle on 360, but I was across the street drinking.

Yeah we were supposed to have Kravitz open in SLC on 360 but then Bono had to break his back so we ended up suffering through The Fray a year later

I'm finding it really easy to ignore all the bullshit that's surrounding him and just enjoying Kanye's music which is still good. Of course this is a lot easier if you don't live in the US.

Just to make my position on the topic official, after falling for his shit a few weeks ago: Me and Ye are off again.

I’m trying to reconcile any positive comments about Kanye’s new music with that I Love It song (okay, mostly the video). It’s not working at all.

nasir was really good, mostly because nas fuckin brought it as hard as he has in a really long time and made the beats secondary to his lyrics. the rest of what kanye did this summer music-wise was okay. his political positions are absolute dogshit and we're way past the point of attributing it to any kind of mental issues.

i hope deep down that he turns it around and becomes a new kind of kanye that i can root for again but i just can't be on his side right now. and that sucks, tbh.

All five were at the very least decent, but I'll stand by Daytona as one of the better rap albums of the decade. Absolutely flawless album, even if it's short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom