Random Music Talk CXXIII: Cilantro Lover's Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:love:

Cat Power's "Metal Heart" came up like 3x on a long road trip recently and I forgot how much I freaking love it. You should definitely put her on the list if you haven't already.

Hasn’t seen that performance before, great stuff.

Her last album Sun is likely still in my Top 10 of the decade. Excited for her new one this autumn.

Omg if Homogenic is as good as the the first 97 seconds of Hunter I’m gonna love it this owns
Hunter was on one of my Desert Island mixes waaaaaay back in the day. Maybe 10 years ago or more.

I like Homogenic even more now.

One of you fucks make a new thread because I sure haven't got anything witty.

Hey cobbler, listen to Speedy Ortiz and Waxahatchee, two women-led contemporary indie bands who are pretty vocal about women empowerment issues. Similarly, Neko Case's new album is a good one if your are looking for women's perspectives.

The albums I've listened to mostly this year (and last, I would say) are by women: Janelle Monae, Natalie Prass, Eleanor Friedberger, Speedy Ortiz, Courtney Barnett (which I don't like as much as her previous record), US Girls, Beach House, Frankie Cosmos. I'm sure I'm missing a few. In any case, it's been a great 2-3 years for women artists in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom