Random Music Talk CXXIII: Cilantro Lover's Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was also thinking Koze rhymed with hose. I guess I just wanted to believe in phonics.

And Knock Knock is quite the record. I’ve been through it about three times in 24 hours.

So you side with me on coriander and then you talk this garbage. Also, eggplant rules. (My palette has REALLY expanded in the past year.)

Eggplant can blow me, especially when it's used as a substitute in the food of our people, the sacred chicken parma.

is he that bad

Where the fuck have you been.

The most egregious shit I can see is that he's just a super rich tech dude who seems to be completely disconnected from reality. The oft-repeated joke about 'every few weeks a rich tech dudebro invents the bus'

I was also thinking Koze rhymed with hose. I guess I just wanted to believe in phonics.

And Knock Knock is quite the record. I’ve been through it about three times in 24 hours.

So good to see you back around these parts :) it's been nice to have another aficionado of this genre around again. Have you heard 2012-2017 by AAL (Nicolas Jaar)?

I just bought the vinyl of this and Amygdala from Pampa :love:

Musk is very anti-labor and his workplace is dangerous as shit. They have removed basic safety features because Musk doesn't like the color yellow.

Pls link me. Entirely unsurprising. I imagine he's like my boss, thinks that if he occasionally throws his employees a bone they shouldn't unionise. Problem is he's wayyyyy too big for that.

The most egregious shit I can see is that he's just a super rich tech dude who seems to be completely disconnected from reality. The oft-repeated joke about 'every few weeks a rich tech dudebro invents the bus'

So good to see you back around these parts :) it's been nice to have another aficionado of this genre around again. Have you heard 2012-2017 by AAL (Nicolas Jaar)?

I just bought the vinyl of this and Amygdala from Pampa :love:

Thanks! Sometimes I get too busy and fall off the planet for awhile, but I’m happy to be around when I can.

I haven’t heard anything by AAL, but I will check it out. Your recommendations (recos?) have yet to lead me astray.

Musk is very anti-labor and his workplace is dangerous as shit. They have removed basic safety features because Musk doesn't like the color yellow.

What a complete plonker.

Especially because yellow is a damn fine colour. Shove it up your arse, Musko.

It's all that gose you've been drinking.
Gose is fermented with coriander

giphy.gif

andrewwk.jpg

3800a2a3.png

Gueuze > gose

Cilantro and zucchini are both delicious. I bought some cilantro habanero hot sauce the other day that was pretty great. You can actually cook the latter (and eggplant) in a way so it doesn’t taste like mush.

Last edited:
My hatred of cauliflower is 100% from vegans trying to pretend it’s macaroni and cheese.

My mum used to try to get me to eat cauliflower by serving it drowned in cheese sauce.

I just thought she was ruining perfectly good cheese sauce.

Gueuze > gose

Cilantro and zucchini are both delicious. I bought some cilantro habanero hot sauce the other day that was pretty great. You can actually cook the latter (and eggplant) in a way so it doesn’t taste like mush.

Literally anything spicy is awful. Anything with hot sauce, chillies, jalapeños, any of that shit, can get fucked.

Literally anything spicy is awful. Anything with hot sauce, chillies, jalapeños, any of that shit, can eat fucked.

Literally everything in this post is awful, get fucked.

Cilantro has grown on me while living in California, but it can ruin a dish when there's too much of it.

Cauliflower is horrendous.

Eggplant and zucchini are fairly neutral on their own but can be used well in dishes.

I would like to eat more spicy food but my stomach can't handle it.

Ax, I'm with you on cauliflower. It's foul.

My hatred of cauliflower is 100% from vegans trying to pretend it’s macaroni and cheese.

My mum used to try to get me to eat cauliflower by serving it drowned in cheese sauce.

I just thought she was ruining perfectly good cheese sauce.

Cauliflower is horrendous.

Sign me up. Vile weed,

As for zucchini, if it is cooked right (grilled for example) its fine, if it is allowed to get mushy, hard pass.

And for the record I always pronounced Koze to rhyme with Keyser Soze in my head.

Figuratively anything spicy is awful. Anything with hot sauce, chillies, jalapeños, any of that shit, can get fucked.

White, anglo-saxon man complains about spices.

I have a roasted cauliflower dish that would change all of your haters’ minds. It’s fucking delicious if done right.

Yup. Roasted cauliflower with brown butter or za'atar is the way to go.

Also, fried cauliflower.

All I have to add to the food conversation is that peas are terrible from every angle and an instant way to ruin any meal.

Cauliflower is the best.

Also I didn't know Musk was a tool, thank you all for the info.

In other news, Desert Daze added Jarvis Cocker, Earth playing a full album, and some other smaller acts. Apparently they srill have another headliner to announce.

Really excited for this new location at the lake. How often do you get to swim and rent boats during a festival?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom