Random Music Talk CXXIII: Cilantro Lover's Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
is Ax into Toe?

Foot fetish?

Christ I missed this.

I, um, I listened to a few Toe albums a few times some years ago. And that's about it.

Have fun with your euphemisms now.

It's very true! I am not Stanthorpe.

Although it's more of a difference at the margins. Their nights get colder, yes they do, but once you're in the low single digits, fuck that. Cold is cold.

Long, long ago, I had a friend from Seattle, and after a winter here, she agreed that yes, Toowoomba is sometimes legitimately cold.

I will say this - 10 or 12 degrees in Wollongong can feel surprisingly cold. I have no idea what it is. It feels the same as 5 or so in Melbourne's coastal suburbs; 10 or 12 in Brunswick definitely never feels so bitter. Likewise I've experienced some mornings in southeast Queensland that justified a quantity of layers that I would not have worn in similar weather in Melbourne or New Zealand.

But! I have lived a decade of Queensland "winters" and they are not deserving of the name. I did enjoy the tales of when it once snowed in Springbrook, as if maybe cold weather was possible north of the 29th parallel.

You lived a decade on the *Gold Coast*, was it? That's not remotely typical of inland Queensland. It's the dry air that'll get you. Once that coastal moisture fades away, the bottom just drops out of everything.

Toowoomba is, like many names in this dessicated land, an Aboriginal name. I don't know what it means.

It's not like all those dreaded strayanisms, like for foods, social phenomena, clothing items etc.

I kind of figured that once I saw it was the actual name. I guess if it was an Aussieism it would have been Tombo.

You lived a decade on the *Gold Coast*, was it? That's not remotely typical of inland Queensland. It's the dry air that'll get you. Once that coastal moisture fades away, the bottom just drops out of everything.

What! One of the reasons I moved to Melbourne was because dry heat is always more tolerable than the godforsaken humid sweaty wasteland that is the tropics and subtropics.

40 in Melbourne feels more tolerable than 30 on the Gold Coast. Also, I have the kind of hair that just goes insane in humidity, and I try to avoid anything north of about Sydney as much as possible because I prefer not to be Sideshow Bob.

It's very true! I am not Stanthorpe.

Although it's more of a difference at the margins. Their nights get colder, yes they do, but once you're in the low single digits, fuck that. Cold is cold.

Long, long ago, I had a friend from Seattle, and after a winter here, she agreed that yes, Toowoomba is sometimes legitimately cold.

right now it's 8 degrees in the middle of the night there and the lowest temperature ever recorded was -2. that's not winter.

seattle doesn't know what winter is really like either so your friend's opinion is bad.

- with love from canada

DdwudXKU0AA6mcC.jpg

I listened to that U.S. Girls album today. it's pretty good. flits between like five different styles, rock, hip-hop, dance, jazz... "Time" is a banger.

Oh no, what's she done now. Has Elon talked her into writing a jingle for the Boring Company?

The tweet that Ax posted and some other stuff she deleted. Basically defending her new boyfriend’s anti-labor practices.

I listened to that U.S. Girls album today. it's pretty good. flits between like five different styles, rock, hip-hop, dance, jazz... "Time" is a banger.

Yeah, I love this record. They will be playing in a festival that The National are putting together and I’m really looking forward to that.

What! One of the reasons I moved to Melbourne was because dry heat is always more tolerable than the godforsaken humid sweaty wasteland that is the tropics and subtropics.

40 in Melbourne feels more tolerable than 30 on the Gold Coast. Also, I have the kind of hair that just goes insane in humidity, and I try to avoid anything north of about Sydney as much as possible because I prefer not to be Sideshow Bob.

Yes. My point was that, for me anyway, dry cold is not more bearable than mildly humid cold. I'd love to live on the coast during the winter months.

Yes. My point was that, for me anyway, dry cold is not more bearable than mildly humid cold. I'd love to live on the coast during the winter months.

I do not discriminate between forms of cold, they are all welcome.

Note, Canadians, that I am defining "cold" as -5 to 5, and "cool" up to about 10-12, so go ahead and laugh.

I do not discriminate between forms of cold, they are all welcome.

Note, Canadians, that I am defining "cold" as -5 to 5, and "cool" up to about 10-12, so go ahead and laugh.

My skin certainly discriminates between dry and moist cold.

But hey, compared to Antarctica we're all living in warm climates, I suppose. Relatively. But relative is just that.

My skin certainly discriminates between dry and moist cold.

But hey, compared to Antarctica we're all living in warm climates, I suppose. Relatively. But relative is just that.

Oh my skin was routinely unhappy with Melbourne winters.

It was a price I was willing to pay for the wondrous cold.

Dry cold > wet cold. Dry hot > humid hot. Basically dry weather over damp weather is amazing.

This thread has it all now that we moved on from Various Veggie Vitriol to The Return of Random Weather talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom