Random Music Talk CXXIII: Cilantro Lover's Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhhh FUCK. I was just hoping I could be sad he wasn't going to be there because he wanted time off for his health, like Dave said. I don't need more of this shit. Can't people just stop being pieces of shit to each other for a damn minute?

Yeah it sucks.
It sounds like Boyd is denying it, but it also sounds like he's pretty much out of the band. Makes me care a lot less about their new album coming out, or ever seeing them live again.

Yeah it sucks.
It sounds like Boyd is denying it, but it also sounds like he's pretty much out of the band. Makes me care a lot less about their new album coming out, or ever seeing them live again.

I've *never* seen them live. They're going to be here three days after my birthday, in September. It's going to be my first time seeing them. I'm so sad that I'm now seeing them without Boyd and LeRoi, but I guess I don't mind now so much about Boyd.

It also sounds like there's a real pattern of behavior with him, so I buy this account 100%.

I've *never* seen them live. They're going to be here three days after my birthday, in September. It's going to be my first time seeing them. I'm so sad that I'm now seeing them without Boyd and LeRoi, but I guess I don't mind now so much about Boyd.

It also sounds like there's a real pattern of behavior with him, so I buy this account 100%.

Yep, the story seems pretty plausible.
They are an awesome live band. I've seen them three times, although they haven't been through Utah since 2010. Yeah that's too bad you won't get Boyd, but I'm sure it will still be a great show. :up:

Early in the year that LeRoi passed away, I missed out on an opportunity to see them, well voluntarily, I was trying to save money. After he passed, I started going to a LOT more shows.

Well I guess we (I) know why Boyd Tinsley wasn't touring with DMB this year.

Dude sounds like a major creep.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/05/boyd-tinsley-misconduct-allegations/

Ahhhhh FUCK. I was just hoping I could be sad he wasn't going to be there because he wanted time off for his health, like Dave said. I don't need more of this shit. Can't people just stop being pieces of shit to each other for a damn minute?

Yeah it sucks.

Yep, the story seems pretty plausible.
They are an awesome live band. I've seen them three times, although they haven't been through Utah since 2010. Yeah that's too bad you won't get Boyd, but I'm sure it will still be a great show. :up:

Early in the year that LeRoi passed away, I missed out on an opportunity to see them, well voluntarily, I was trying to save money. After he passed, I started going to a LOT more shows.

Maybe you should take this to the dedicated DMAs thread which is like right under this??

(close enough)

I didn't do an end of year list for 2017 because I'm a lazy douche, did anyone else have Wolf Parade's "Cry Cry Cry" in their list? I love it, it's my favorite of theirs since Apologies to Queen Mary, which is one of my favs of the last 15 to 20 years. That makes me feel super old. Whatevs, both are super fun albums.

my new favourite live David Bowie show on youbutt. Helps take the edge of some of these winter nights.

Obviously, it's from a greatest hits tour, but my, what a greatest hits show. Tight as hell. U2 could take a few lessons.

Kieran, Toowoomba has not had a single night in its entire history that could be described as wintry.

*Looks at the weather for Toowoomba*

Sir, those temperatures are what we call “spring” here.

But mostly I’m just surprised Toowoomba is the name of a place. I assumed that was Aussiespeak for something like Toowoom.

*Looks at the weather for Toowoomba*

Sir, those temperatures are what we call “spring” here.

But mostly I’m just surprised Toowoomba is the name of a place. I assumed that was Aussiespeak for something like Toowoom.

Toowoomba is, like many names in this dessicated land, an Aboriginal name. I don't know what it means.

It's not like all those dreaded strayanisms, like for foods, social phenomena, clothing items etc.

You're not Stanthorpe!

:lol:

Wait until you learn that Cunnamulla is a real place. I just use it as a swearword.

It's very true! I am not Stanthorpe.

Although it's more of a difference at the margins. Their nights get colder, yes they do, but once you're in the low single digits, fuck that. Cold is cold.

Long, long ago, I had a friend from Seattle, and after a winter here, she agreed that yes, Toowoomba is sometimes legitimately cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom