Random Music Talk CXXII: 2018 It Is

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeeaaahhh when I said 2017 was a bad year, I wasn't hopping on a meme. For me, imagine most of the bad stuff Ashley mentioned with less of the good, fun stuff.

Thank you for all of the support, everyone. There's a lot to be optimistic about going forward and I'm trying to focus on that instead of dwelling on everything that's gone wrong.

I’ll just say that Hewson’s post mirrors what we went through as well, and that things will definitely get better for you.

I appreciate that. It's encouraging and makes me more willing to go actually talk to someone who can hopefully help.

Ashley I’m glad you’re feeling well enough to speak about your experiences (and I mean all of them), and it’s touching to know you consider this ragtag group of misfits part of some kind of alternate family worthy of being in the loop.

Best wishes for a less troublesome 2018.

:hug:, thank you. I just felt like it was a safe place to talk about it all because it's been weighing on me a lot, and I do miss you all a lot. Trying to make more of an effort to be around.

I'm really sorry to hear about the rough stuff. Here's hoping that 2018 is better for you.

Very sorry to hear about all the shitty things that are happening [emoji17] much love to all ❤️

Thank you both :)

So, I heard that I missed out on conversation about one Bobby from Toto and his inability to sing Africa any longer.

I'm very glad this conversation happened so that I can present you all with a video I saw with my mom about ten years ago where I suspected that he was totally 100% lip-syncing, and now I am fairly confident that was indeed the case:

Enjoy. Towards the end you can even hear when he *actually* starts singing.

I wish I had something to say that wouldn't sound unintentionally generic or insincere. But I would like to echo all the well wishes here.

I wish I had something to say that wouldn't sound unintentionally generic or insincere. But I would like to echo all the well wishes here.

Same. Ashley I can't claim to understand the trauma of such an experience, but I have seen the influence it has on friends and family and am sorry you had to experience it.

2017 was an odd year. Successful at face value but a giant pain in the ass under the surface.

Sending you hugs, Ashley. I have not been through that personally, but I have seen how uniquely painful it is for my friends who have. Sending good and healing vibes your way, for sure.

And like everyone else, I'm hoping we all have a 2018 where we can enjoy being around the people we care about and make some fun memories. That's more and more what it's all about for me.

All good, mate, I understand what you mean!
Same. Ashley I can't claim to understand the trauma of such an experience, but I have seen the influence it has on friends and family and am sorry you had to experience it.

2017 was an odd year. Successful at face value but a giant pain in the ass under the surface.

Thank you. Yeah it was strange. The whole year felt like Limbo, honestly. I don't know about everyone else, but I think since November of 2016 I've just been waiting for 2018 to get here and get over with.

Sending you hugs, Ashley. I have not been through that personally, but I have seen how uniquely painful it is for my friends who have. Sending good and healing vibes your way, for sure.

And like everyone else, I'm hoping we all have a 2018 where we can enjoy being around the people we care about and make some fun memories. That's more and more what it's all about for me.

:hug: thank you.

Yeah, hugs from here too. For you guys in the good and bad parts of the Random Baby Talk. For Hewson and peef for their weather, for Martha for just being Martha, and IDK maybe even the rest of you for surviving another damn year or some shit.

My 2017, since we’re doing this, had a couple major life changes you could say.
I live in Colorado with my boyfriend and two insane cats, my ID doesn’t even have the same name or gender marker on it that it did last year. I also quit smoking, started going to the gym regularly and stuck with it, and no longer have a gallbladder. Still work as a paramedic.

Thanks.

It’s really great to be able to get green chili almost anywhere you look, but you call a sub a grinder just ONE TIME and everyone looks at you like you’re batshit crazy.

Yeah, hugs from here too. For you guys in the good and bad parts of the Random Baby Talk. For Hewson and peef for their weather, for Martha for just being Martha, and IDK maybe even the rest of you for surviving another damn year or some shit.

I live in Colorado with my boyfriend and two insane cats, my ID doesn’t even have the same name or gender marker on it that it did last year. I also quit smoking, started going to the gym regularly and stuck with it, and no longer have a gallbladder. Still work as a paramedic.

:love:. So happy for you!

Thanks.

It’s really great to be able to get green chili almost anywhere you look, but you call a sub a grinder just ONE TIME and everyone looks at you like you’re batshit crazy.

They do love those green chilis in Colorado. They're good but putting a green chili sauce on huevos rancheros is criminal.

:lol:

Try telling someone that something good is wicked pissah and see what kind of reaction you get.

:lol: If I say that in the same sentence as I lament the lack of 24 hour Dunkins here, won't that actually teleport me to Worcester or something?

Sounds like lots of amazing changes, IWB. Congrats! Are your cats new or did you have them in Massachusetts?

I had two cats (brother and sister) and lost the girl cat in November to diabetes. It has been a weird transition.

Sounds like lots of amazing changes, IWB. Congrats! Are your cats new or did you have them in Massachusetts?

I had two cats (brother and sister) and lost the girl cat in November to diabetes. It has been a weird transition.

Nope, adopted them here, they’re pretty awesome even though they’re crazy. Sorry to hear that about your girl cat, I’ve had human family members that died and been less sad about it than losing a pet :(

Can you answer a serious question?

You moved to Colorado for the weed, didn't you?

Hippie.

Congrats!

As it turns out, only time I’ve ever smoked weed was in CO

in 2006 lol
Still never even been in a weed store

Can you answer a serious question?

You moved to Colorado for the weed, didn't you?

It got legalized here in MA before IWB left us,
Of course with the way our state legislature works, you still can't buy it yet.
So you can have it, but just can't buy it.

It got legalized here in MA before IWB left us,

Of course with the way our state legislature works, you still can't buy it yet.

So you can have it, but just can't buy it.

Still? That was last year already.

What, the song Radiohead have tried to distance themselves from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom