Random Music Talk CXVIII: Grabbing America By The...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'mam get my XX on this weekend. I hope it's good. 2017 could be a nice year for me...XX, Elbow, THE GRIZZ!, Gorillaz, Arcade Fire, The Boss, The National, The 2! and many more all are confirmed or rumored or confirmed rumored to have albums this year.

Ooh, I hadn't heard Bruce had something new coming. Hope The National does as well so that means I have a chance to see them in concert.

Obviously, stupid excited for Elbow.

Don't forget about Annie Clark. The new Saint Vincent album should come out this year.

They were, for a couple years, the biggest band in the world.

Just because Journey were massive in the States doesn't mean they were the biggest band in the rest of the world. Most people in Australia wouldn't know them, or thanks to Glee only know "Don't Stop Believin'", which charted much higher than anything the band ever did themselves. They never had a top forty hit here, and practically none of their singles charted at all.

Jeez, you guys. I was just about to get dressed and leave to see Lord Huron, when I checked my FB. Lord Huron posts that due to a "sudden medical emergency" they've had to cancel tonight's show! They're in the middle of five sold-out nights here, and they'll let everybody know about the status of Satuday's and Sunday's shows.

This is the second show this year that I've had tickets to that has been cancelled due to something medical going wrong. Fu Manchu had to cancel because one of them "tore a muscle" in his back.

We're only 13 days into the year, fer chrissakes.

Have I become the Peef of Southern California?

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

If you enjoy Born in the USA and Tunnel of Love, you will enjoy the new Ryan Adams album. Holy shit, the similarities are blatant but it's so focused and well written that I don't mind.

Also, Foxygen's new album is a big improvement.

Last edited:
Me too. It would have to be something sort of serious to cancel a show just a few hours before it starts.

On the upside, I can go to bed early tonight. :)

ETA: Whichever one you have, get the other one as well. They're both really good.

I posted nearly the same sentiment on Facebook just now. I really hope everyone is OK. I'm still bummed the show is canceled.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom