Random Music Talk CXVIII: Grabbing America By The...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to the post-rock discussion, I listened to some Mono. It's been a while since I've enjoyed a classic post-rock album as much as Hymn to the Immortal Wind. Great stuff.

I recall iYup knocked its existence but there's a fantastic live version of Cymbaline on the Pink Floyd early years boxset.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Happy thanksgiving, folks.

In Shuttlecock's memory, I cooked a spatchcocked turkey.

I don't know what to think about this new Dropkick Murphys song. I know I declared them dead to me a couple albums ago, but it's hard to keep doing that when everything up to an including even most of the Warrior's Code was so good. I've got so many good memories of seeing them live, not to mention countless other bands I may never have heard of without them. Dammit dkm why you gotta make this so difficult. :lol:

I don't know what to think about this new Dropkick Murphys song. I know I declared them dead to me a couple albums ago, but it's hard to keep doing that when everything up to an including even most of the Warrior's Code was so good. I've got so many good memories of seeing them live, not to mention countless other bands I may never have heard of without them. Dammit dkm why you gotta make this so difficult. :lol:

also it got pretty late but thanks for the suggestions for the post rock bands. now I'm listening to this new Russian Circles album it's freaking amazing.

also it got pretty late but thanks for the suggestions for the post rock bands. now I'm listening to this new Russian Circles album it's freaking amazing.

Almost all their albums are great. Except Memorial. Really didn't like that one all that much. Go see them live. Take an extra pair of socks for the drive home.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Mission of Burma: Vs is one hell of a post-punk record. Probably one of the best I have ever heard.

Almost all their albums are great. Except Memorial. Really didn't like that one all that much. Go see them live. Take an extra pair of socks for the drive home.

I would say Memorial and Guidance are their two weakest, but they're 4-star albums, the sort that for most bands I would proclaim their best.

I'm ready to claim that Station is the best post-rock album ever made.

I got a nice new smart TV and just discovered I can watch YouTube and stream Spotify on it.

Never leaving the house again.

Sent from my SM-G920T using U2 Interference mobile app

Hey guys. I know I don't post here often. And I know some of you don't like me as a person on the internet. Filters and whatnot.

I am probably going to go away from posting for a long while.

I didn't say that 2016 could piss off like most have. Not until Wednesday at noon when I got a call from my wife. Our baby boy, who was six months along in the womb, had passed away. We got to see him and for that we are thankful. Our beautiful little Archie is gone. My heart is just so incredibly heavy. These have been the darkest two days in my life. They will probably be the darkest two days I ever experience.

Anyway, I'm sorry for interrupting the random music talk with something so incredibly heavy. Thoughts and prayers for peace and healing would be appreciated.

Oh Tourist, I'm so so sorry. I have no words. I know that nothing we say will make any difference, but you and your wife will be in my thoughts. I hope you will both find the strength to get through this awful situation. Hang in there. And fuck 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm so sorry, Tourist. Really. I can't imagine what you must be feeling. If you want to talk about anything, please do reach out.

:(. I'm definitely praying for you and your wife to find peace. So very sorry for your loss.

Holy shit tourist, I'm so sorry.
I know how traumatic a miscarriage was for my wife, couldn't possibly imagine what losing the baby that far along must be like.

I hope you 2 can get through this and go on to have a healthy child in the near future.

Thoughts definitely with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom