Random Music Talk CXVI: The world doesn't actually revolve around Mack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
doctor-cornelius-evazan.jpg

Telstra offers a Cure presale then charges $10 for an 'early access fee' on top of all the other fees? Get outta here...

Yes, mofo, I have seen it and plan on listening to it soon. His DJ kicks was great.

Speaking of The Cure, I had an infuriating argument with my housemate (also one of my best mates) and his girlfriend. Me and her were talking about how The Cure are touring and that they've just announced an arena date in Melbourne, and how we'd be interested in going. My mate pikes up and says that not only would he not go, he can't understand why anyone would see an old band with no new music playing old songs badly in a soulless corporate venue. And I was like look I get you if you're talking about Stones or something but I have many mates who have seen them in Europe and the States and they say that The Cure are actually fucking awesome live, regularly playing beyond three hours and playing tons of rarities and fan favourites. And we ended up having a huge argument (I was totally on his girlfriend's side) because he was flat out refusing to see why a band like The Cure would play Rod Laver (24,000) instead of three gigs at The Corner (600). And we were like UHHHHHH supply and demand?! They CAN'T play The Corner. YES THEY CAN, THEY'RE JUST LAZY, he was crying, in all seriousness. He was being such a fucking elitist wanker douche about it, I love him to death, but I've never been so angry. It got very heated.

They also play new songs, so there's that.

Oh goodness, I'm seeing them again soon... :panic:

Sent from my XT1575 using U2 Interference mobile app

Yes, mofo, I have seen it and plan on listening to it soon. His DJ kicks was great.

Speaking of The Cure, I had an infuriating argument with my housemate (also one of my best mates) and his girlfriend. Me and her were talking about how The Cure are touring and that they've just announced an arena date in Melbourne, and how we'd be interested in going. My mate pikes up and says that not only would he not go, he can't understand why anyone would see an old band with no new music playing old songs badly in a soulless corporate venue. And I was like look I get you if you're talking about Stones or something but I have many mates who have seen them in Europe and the States and they say that The Cure are actually fucking awesome live, regularly playing beyond three hours and playing tons of rarities and fan favourites. And we ended up having a huge argument (I was totally on his girlfriend's side) because he was flat out refusing to see why a band like The Cure would play Rod Laver (24,000) instead of three gigs at The Corner (600). And we were like UHHHHHH supply and demand?! They CAN'T play The Corner. YES THEY CAN, THEY'RE JUST LAZY, he was crying, in all seriousness. He was being such a fucking elitist wanker douche about it, I love him to death, but I've never been so angry. It got very heated.

Thank you for fighting the good fight for us, Cobbz. You're a good dude.

I plan on checking out the DJ Koze mix / compilation too.

But seriously, fucking hell over $100 to see The Cure at Rod bloody Laver?

I guess I'll fork it out but I won't be happy about it.

Auto Dafoe

I pity Dafoe!

mr-t-real_2.jpg

So did you bone the girlfriend? That's the only important part of your post.

Back
Top Bottom