Random Music Talk CXVI: The world doesn't actually revolve around Mack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't like the second half as much either. The first five tracks bowl me over and that Walk On By sample in 6 Inch is fucking nasty.

The second half has Freedom, of course.

With a few more listens I'm not sure I'd say the second half is stronger either now. Not weaker though. This is a very consistent work.

Still doesn't hold a candle to the self-titled, imo.

Finally got around to the Underworld album. Damn, that's good. Not quite as impressive as the Eno/Hyde collaboration but it's a short and sweet listen compared to previous albums by the group.

The opening track I Exhale is probably my favorite, followed by the mellow Motorhome, and then that final one-two punch of Ova Nova and Nylon Strung are so joyous and uplifting, a rare mood for Underworld.

Maybe not a good thing that I identify with Jarvis Cocker as much as I do, but this song is especially poignant for me at the moment:

Maybe not a good thing that I identify with Jarvis Cocker as much as I do, but this song is especially poignant for me at the moment:

As someone who has been there an awful lot (although I no longer buy into the misogynistic idea of the 'friend zone'), I hear you. Songs have been my only comfort when faced with feelings for someone who does not reciprocate.

I would suggest giving this song a few spins. Always helped me in those times, obviously thanks to its lyrics, but also thanks to its loud volume and nervous energy. A nice catharsis similar to the one this Pulp song provides.

Just got tickets to go to day 2 of Panorama here in NYC. Fucking excited: Kendrick, The National, Sufjan, Anderson Paak. Hell yes.

Can't believe I refreshed this thread just for a post by a guy on an ASIO watchlist.

I encountered an Australian woman on the street yesterday and helped her figure out her way around Philadelphia. Why was an Australian woman wandering aimlessly around my little northwest Philly suburb? I couldn't possibly tell you.

I encountered an Australian woman on the street yesterday and helped her figure out her way around Philadelphia. Why was an Australian woman wandering aimlessly around my little northwest Philly suburb? I couldn't possibly tell you.

She'd probably heard tales of the great Peef Erickson from a local cobbler.

"All I've got is this bloody map!" is how she referred to the map she was reading incorrectly. In her defense, the layout of my borough is rather odd.

"All I've got is this bloody map!" is how she referred to the map she was reading incorrectly. In her defense, the layout of my borough is rather odd.

Also, Australia is in a different hemisphere, so her map was probably upside down.

Back
Top Bottom