Random Music Talk CXVI: The world doesn't actually revolve around Mack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Being born at right place and time
I saw all of them except Waters.
Go and see somebody that is good now at a decent venue for a fair price

They should've just faced the inevitable jokes head-on and called it Dad Rock Fest.

And I love that they aren't even having any other bands on the bill to appease all the old codgers who think "today's music sucks".

posada1.gif

Is Knott's worth it?
Will be in your neck of the woods in August, doing Disneyland & California Adventure, plus SD Zoo. Deciding on where else to go (Universal, Knott's Berry, checking out the hookers & homeless in Hollyweird) to entertain the 12 year old.

Is Knott's worth it?
Will be in your neck of the woods in August, doing Disneyland & California Adventure, plus SD Zoo. Deciding on where else to go (Universal, Knott's Berry, checking out the hookers & homeless in Hollyweird) to entertain the 12 year old.

Knott's is fun if you like roller coasters and shopping. I only go there on field trips anymore because I can't do roller coasters. My students love Soak City, which is the water park across the street.

I think Knott's would be worth it; Magic Mountain has more and better roller coasters, but it's way the fuck up in Santa Clarita and hotter than hell in August.

In addition to those amusement parks, I'd do something more emblematic like Venice Beach/Santa Monica Pier.

Also, Universal now has the Harry Potter thing too, so that might be mandatory depending on your kid's tastes.

Dodger Stadium is a beautiful park and again, depending on what the young'un likes, could be worth a visit.

I did Magic Mountain when I was out there in the 90's for my buddy's wedding. Wife isn't into big roller coasters, so that is off the list.
Also went to a game at Dodger Stadium that trip. Giants are in town the week I'm there, that might be too dangerous :wink:.

Son is reading the 2nd Harry Potter book now, so Universal may get the nod because of Potter and Minions.

May also spend a day just sightseeing, so Santa Monica/Venice are good possibilities.

Make sure you check out the DoLA coupon site, my dad used it while he was out here. Saved a bundle.

Sent from my XT1575 using U2 Interference mobile app

So Courtney Barnett is doing the SNL season finale on May 21. Super happy for her.

Ok. I really did laugh out loud at that one.

Sent from my XT1575 using U2 Interference mobile app

The continued existence of RHCP almost single-handedly disproves the laws of capitalism.

EVERY SINGLE THING I read/hear about online or cloud music services makes me so glad I still buy CDs.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Really? Is it more from an artist percentage or yourself as a consumer?

As a consumer it's obviously fantastic but I get it from an artist perspective.

Back
Top Bottom