Random Music Talk CXIV: No more rock star deaths for a while please (not even Stapp)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dates are out for the Iggy Pop/Josh Homme tour:

March 28 – Seattle, Wash., Paramount Theatre
March 29 – Portland, Ore., Keller Auditorium
March 31 – San Francisco, Calif., SF Masonic
April 2 – Denver, Colo., Ellie Caulkins Opera House
April 4 – Minneapolis, Minn., Northrop Auditorium
April 6 – Chicago, Ill., Chicago Theatre
April 7 – Detroit, Mich., Fox Theatre
April 9 – Toronto, Ontario, Sony Centre For The Performing Arts
April 11 – Boston, Mass., Orpheum Theatre
April 12 – New York, N.Y., United Palace Theatre
April 15 – Philadelphia, Pa., Academy Of Music
April 19 – Miami Beach, Fla., Fillmore Miami Beach At Jackie Gleason Theater
April 28 – Los Angeles, Calif., Greek Theatre
May 4 – Stockholm, Sweden, Cirkus
May 5 – Copenhagen, Denmark, Falconer Hall
May 7 – Berlin, Germany, Tempodrom
May 8 – Hamburg, Germany, Mehr! Theater Am Grossmarkt
May 10 – Amsterdam, Netherlands Heineken Music Hall
May 13 – London, England, Royal Albert Hall
May 15 – Paris, France, Grand Rex

To be honest I think we'd all be fine with Stapp shuffling off his mortal coil.

Chad Kroeger too.

/terrible-person

I legitimately owned (and for a long while loved) this album:

latest

I can still recall how most of the songs go.

I heard Rush on the radio 3 times yesterday while I was a work and maybe have wondered for a moment if Neil Peart was ok.

I downloaded it. Heard good things about it, hopefully it's better than her last one since she's actually given herself time to make something good this time around.

Nah you're fine mate. Good to have other people round here. Laz's joke wasn't funny either, but he gets a reprieve cos I kissed a hot girl the night I met him.

I tell you what else isn't funny - the criticism that Dancing in the Dark cops. I've been heavily into it following seeing Hot Chip the other night, but fucking hell I love that song. Is it corny? Sure. But it's sincere. The rhythm section kicks arse, Bruce's vocals are great, the lyrics are moving and relatable, and you'd think puppies were slaughtered the way people (Laz) bang on about the synths. They're fine. I've never even seen the video. It's great live and on record it's lovely, just a shame it's followed by a track as dreary, forced and boring as My Hometown.

Random Music Talk CXIV: No more rock star deaths for a while please (not even...

I've got to defend My Hometown. I don't know when that song clicked with me, but one day I caught on to the lyrics and it began to resonate. My own hometown is a real shithole like that and Bruce nails not only the plight but the dialect of such awful mid Atlantic towns. U2 did a good cover of it once, I can't remember when, probably sometime in the late 80s if I had to guess.

That said, I'd much rather talk about the first three Springsteen records than Born in the USA anyday. I listened to E Street Shuffle yesterday and had a blast like always. You've got to be a real shithead to not like Incident on 57th Street. In fact, all of side B is collectively about as good as rock music gets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom