Random Music Talk CXIV: No more rock star deaths for a while please (not even Stapp)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be surprisingly ok with infrequent ads that were geared toward the stuff I was listening to. I'd probably check out a lot of it.

I love Spotify. The ads were annoying as shit, so I got premium and it's one of the best things I've ever done. I use it every day. It's annoying that random things are missing (like Age of Adz) but I love it and will go in to bat for it eight days a week. I do wonder if it's the best of the streaming services for artists though.

Sometimes it seems like stuff that isn't on there is actually on there if you look for it either a second time, on wifi vs phone data, or sometimes if I look for a song rather than the album it will come up (and then I can access the album that way) ..that I don't quite understand.

Random Music Talk CXIV: No more rock star deaths for a while please (not even...

Have we talked about that new Rihanna album in here?
The album is not one of her best. Only song I keep going back to is 'Kiss It Better'.

Last edited:
The album is not one of her best. Only song I keep going back to is 'Kiss It Better'.

I listened 5 second sample of iTunes and I already hate it. Rihanna's voice isn't even all that amazing in here, and this is coming from guy who kinda liked Rihanna's voice despite the fact that I've been a avid hater of pop singers for a while.

The combination of Apple Music and iTunes Match works great for me. I can fill in anything missing from the streaming library with iTunes Match and it's pretty seamless.

My only complaint is that you can't sync Apple Music tracks with an iPod, but then I can just plug my phone into an aux hole. I also just bought a Bluetooth receiver for the stereo in my office, so I can just stream stuff from my phone.

Random Music Talk CXIV: No more rock star deaths for a while please (not even...

I'm testing out Play Music right now and I'm
In love. I hate Spotify.

What do you hate about Spotify?
It was crap on my iPhone4S. Nothing would save or download and it was super glitchy. It's still glitchy and will randomly crash, but the music quality is excellent and is much better than Apple Music IMO.
I may need to check out this Play Music thing. Is it an iPhone app? I never use my laptop for music.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I love Spotify. The ads were annoying as shit, so I got premium and it's one of the best things I've ever done. I use it every day. It's annoying that random things are missing (like Age of Adz) but I love it and will go in to bat for it eight days a week. I do wonder if it's the best of the streaming services for artists though.

I love it too. Even with all of its glitches. Weird you don't have Age of Adz...
ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1454458462.568817.jpg

Not sure how I feel about Palladia being renamed MTV Live, programming hasn't changed (as yet), but the MTV moniker doesn't thrill me these days.

Huh. That ... does not raise much more than a "meh" from me. I'd go see him if he played here but I just really want either a 3000 solo album or an Outkast record. The former is unlikely and the latter will signal the sign of the apocalypse.

I love it too. Even with all of its glitches. Weird you don't have Age of Adz...
View attachment 10562

Fucking hell. That is incredibly annoying. I wonder why. Must be a similar reason to why some can't listen to Pop but I can.

What do you hate about Spotify?
It was crap on my iPhone4S. Nothing would save or download and it was super glitchy. It's still glitchy and will randomly crash, but the music quality is excellent and is much better than Apple Music IMO.
I may need to check out this Play Music thing. Is it an iPhone app? I never use my laptop for music.

I don't like the UI, its method of returning search results, the shuffle play button on mobile, the radio stations, the queueing functionality and especially the fact that it is constantly on on my phone if Travis is using it anywhere else.

Regional restrictions maybe, cobbz?

I highly recommend Google Play Music. Was meh on Spotify, hated all the other services I tried, but I found out I had a six month trial when I got my new phone. Play Music is amazing. Easily will be worth every penny once I start paying for it in June.

I'll have a look into it. I've also considered Apple Music, because DB's word carries a lot of weight with me, but I'm scared something bad will happen, because you just never know when Apple's technology will turn on you.

The reason I have so many posts here is actually because my Macbook is holding me hostage.

I wanna try Google Play and downloaded the app. How do you find/get a free trial? I've looked and looked, but can't find it anywhere. Not at all interested in paying for 2 music subscriptions at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom