Random Music Talk CXIV: No more rock star deaths for a while please (not even Stapp)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never really been a big Police guy but heard "Synchronicity II" on the radio earlier today. That song is kind of a jam.

I just listened to the Deep Fried Burger record and none it made an impression on me at all. I've got her page open in Spotify so after the last track it went straight to I Don't Want to Bother You from her last record, and it's immediately better than anything off the new one..?

It's easily her weakest solo album. Not horrible or anything, just eh.

Random Music Talk CXIV: No more rock star deaths for a while please (not even...

yeah i wasnt too familiar with trip-hop as a genre (i don't know any genre anymore. what the hell is chillwave? or grindcore?) but i might like these artists. like semi-jazz and semi-electronica.

Chillwave is some boring, slow synth poppy--but without all the hooks that make it really pop music-- stuff that will put you to sleep, and grindcore is thrash metal with Cookie Monster vocals that were put in a blender and set to "frappe." Like if you put Ringworm or Dying Fetus into that blender, and somehow made them sound worse than they already do. Can't think of two more musically opposite categories.

Last edited:
I just wanted ridiculous comparisons between genres. and the fact that I am so blind when it regards to how other people think of music.

Let it be said IWB is completely wrong about the quality of chillwave. Washed Out and Neon Indian in particular are A+.

And then there's chillwave's cousin witch house, which in general was a shitfest of people prioritising aesthetics over actual quality music (much like vapourwave right now), but it did give us Unison and for that I'm ever thankful.

But I was spot on regarding grindcore though, right?

That vaporwave stuff can go die in a fire.

Grindcore's almost unlistenable in studio, but one of the fucking funniest things I've ever seen live was a grindcore band that played about twenty songs in seven minutes with a crazed vocalist who spent the entire set trying to kick the guitarist off stage.

Another one of the funniest things I've seen live was a grindcore band that was just two drummers, a vocalist, and a sword swallower. Yeah.

Grindcore's almost unlistenable in studio, but one of the fucking funniest things I've ever seen live was a grindcore band that played about twenty songs in seven minutes with a crazed vocalist who spent the entire set trying to kick the guitarist off stage.

Another one of the funniest things I've seen live was a grindcore band that was just two drummers, a vocalist, and a sword swallower. Yeah.

as much as it sounds terrifying, that sounds pretty hilarious somehow

sometimes i get very unsure of myself. and most people here tends to not like some songs on Zooropa while I love them all; I tend not to hate lots of songs. (The Astonishing is great exception)

"Here" isn't "there". The people that frequent this part of the forum aren't the cud-chewers found in Everything You Know Is Wrong.

"Here" isn't "there". The people that frequent this part of the forum aren't the cud-chewers found in Everything You Know Is Wrong.

They would decanter their own urine before drinking it in a crystal wine glass if Thom Yorke would tell them though :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom