Random Music Talk CXIV: No more rock star deaths for a while please (not even Stapp)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just went back and looked at p4k's EL VY review, and was shocked to find it copped a beating. When I heard it I thought it was good, if inconsistent and uncertain, but certainly nowhere near as bad as that review suggests. My girlfriend fucking loves it and so I've heard it a hell of a lot and it's got some really good songs on it. I came in here to post about how much I love this song (and its transition from Sad Case, which is wicked)

I've been revisiting the first 3-4 albums by The Decemberists. They had quite a good early run. I kind of checked out after The Hazards of Love. But yeah. I should give the new album a listen.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Castaways and Cutouts is fucking great. I love that album. Came into them backwards (Architect was used in an early ep of HIMYM), but yeah. Haven't checked out much else. King is Dead was great, but their last one was flat and drab if you ask me. Considering seeing them later this month, but it's $90 a ticket and I feel like there might not be much older material.

The Jesus and Mary Chain were fantastic tonight. I can't even pinpoint any specific quality that made it great, just the cumulative experience built and built into a really satisfying performance.

The supports, Alvvays and Grinding Eyes, also killed it. I'm lukewarm to Alvvays on record but this set impressed me, and Grinding Eyes maybe stole the show.

The Jesus and Mary Chain were fantastic tonight. I can't even pinpoint any specific quality that made it great, just the cumulative experience built and built into a really satisfying performance.

Seeing them live ranks among my all time favorite moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom