Random Music Talk CX: Obscured By Cobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, it's gonna be tough to wait for the release. Maybe they will put up a stream or something.

One of the perks of living in the vicinity of Wisconsin: the "Eaux Claires" music festival, which I just found out existed. The National, Sufjan, Bon Iver, and Spoon among many other noteworthies. I'll take this over Lollapalooza any day.

Wait. I live in Wisconsin and I don't even know about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think the guy who invented college went to college? Open your mind, bro.

I ain't witnessed the world because I'm stuck in the Matrix.

I always assume some nerd on 4chan had a slow day at the office when mass leaks like this happen. Interesting that the implication here is that Spin may have done it on purpose. I doubt that's the case, more likely some intern got power drunk (or alcohol drunk) and leaked the folder.

Last edited:
Man after the Jared shit, I'll never feel good about the phrase "Eat Fresh" again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't go near leaks these days. I used to, but not I'm always skeptical of audio quality, all the hoops you have to jump through to download... it's never that long to wait and nine times out of ten there's an advance stream anyway.

I don't go near leaks these days. I used to, but not I'm always skeptical of audio quality

It's 2015, we're long past the era of WMA file Limewire leaks. Those albums leaked yesterday in 320.

That being said, I don't "download" either. I have my usual haunts.

I don't stream because I have limited data on my phone so I'm still all about MP3s. If I can't get the album in MP3s I don't listen to it. Some albums have been on my list for months (Chromatics, Twin Shadow, Passion Pit) and I still haven't gotten to listen to them for this reason.

I probably should consider some streaming service for when I'm on the computer but I just haven't ever bothered.

A lot of streaming services offer free trials so you can judge how often you actually use them. Spotify is always free if you don't mind ads and they are offering a free premium trial as well. Apple Music has a free trial right now as well, but it isn't available on Android phones until the fall.

Scratch Chromatics off your list; it still hasn't come out yet. :|

I will never forgive myself for going to Thailand when he toured here.

All in all you were just bricks in the wall.

It was a stupidly hard decision to change my signature, and I might still change it back in a few months, once my tour high finally wears off, but that The Wall show was one of the greatest nights of my life.

I think you all already know how I feel about that album well enough by now.

So here's a cool story.

Roger O'Donnell, the keyboard player for The Cure, recently put out an album of chamber music which he composed. It was only released on vinyl and digital download. I contacted him on Twitter and asked if there was a lossless version available anywhere.

He replied that if I would buy the album on iTunes, he would send me a link to a lossless version, so I sent him a screenshot of the album downloading on my iTunes. This morning he sent me a message with a dropbox link. The download contained the mastered 24-bit WAV files that were used to cut the vinyl.

How's that for fan engagement?

So having never liked anything from Cloud Nothings or heard anything from Wavves, I like this collaborative album between them quite a bit. It certainly doesn't waste any time in getting its point across.

That is very cool DB :up:

Finally got to sit down with the Wolf Alice album, 'tis good. I wonder if Bros is a nod to Songs of Innocence. "Raised by wolves and other beasts". Probably. On the contrary I think Swallowtail (w/ male vocal) is one of the better songs of the album.

That is very cool DB :up:

Finally got to sit down with the Wolf Alice album, 'tis good. I wonder if Bros is a nod to Songs of Innocence. "Raised by wolves and other beasts". Probably. On the contrary I think Swallowtail (w/ male vocal) is one of the better songs of the album.

The last 45 seconds of Swallowtail may be the best of the whole record.

The Thermals posted this on Facebook. I laughed.

11709537_1045787922107074_1962824090275130484_n.jpg

11692663_1045787932107073_8596867098853601224_n.jpg

11667260_1045787945440405_4016969764046067251_n.jpg

11665515_1045787965440403_8163388999310941265_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom