Random Music Talk CX: Obscured By Cobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The haze from the fires in British Columbia is keeping our temperatures down a few degrees, so thanks, Canada!

Every fucking restaurant and bar and shop in BC and Alberta plays some kind of fucking 70s mix. Unless it's Sirius Radio's "Coffehouse Mix" which is some horrible "singer-songwriter" shit. This is really a thing. I shit you not.

I was at this restaurant that had a Robert Deniro impersonator going around to every table and basically hassling people. And the place apparently condoned it. Weirdest shit I've ever seen at a restaurant.

A quick story. I have lived in my current share house for about two-and-a-half-years now. For longer than that time, the shower has leaked through the light in the kitchen. The owner's idea of fixing that problem is putting silicon in the shower, which has never worked, and just turns mouldy. There is actually now a mould patch near the light in the kitchen that has a diameter of about 10-15cm. One day I broke the dishwasher door, because I came downstairs and slipped in a puddle of water that had leaked through the light and came down on the door, cutting my hand on a knife. He hasn't fixed the shower, hasn't fixed the dishwasher, despite us telling him when he's come over in recent times. The only times he's come over is to replace the fucking filters in the rangehood (literally a sheet of fucking paper). It's his favourite thing in the world. Don't worry about WATER LEAKING THROUGH A LIGHT or a broken dishwasher, replace the paper in the thing above the stove. Won't commit to fixing the shower or the dishwasher. About a week ago, I get a call from the real estate agent telling us he wants to sell and we're about to get a 60-day fuck-off notice. Six hours later he calls me back and says don't worry, he's changed his mind. The other day I see the owner milling around out the front of the house looking at the paint and shit, then he sees me, mumbles something incoherent (he's Italian) and then leaves in a hurry. No talk, no chat, no communication on what he's doing. I just got a message from my housemate who's at home and he's round there now, unannounced, doing some sort of construction. Just now I got an email from the agent, and we've got 60 days to leave. I'm really fucking pissed off. He can do whatever he wants, of course, but no fucking communication whatsoever that he was planning on selling. None. I'm annoyed because I've settled in here really nicely, I've got an awesome situation going on with housemates, I've finally sorted out all the bills and rent and bond and shit. Now we're going to have go our separate ways. I'm sure there'll be resistance when I claim the cat and fridge as mine. I can't handle this shit. I'm not good at this real-life stuff. I live in the perfect location and moving is going to make angry and anxious and depressed, particularly if I end up in a shit house with shit people in a shit area. Fuck fuck fucking hell.

This place needs a "All Cobbler's stories here".

A quick story. I have lived in my current share house for about two-and-a-half-years now. For longer than that time, the shower has leaked through the light in the kitchen. The owner's idea of fixing that problem is putting silicon in the shower, which has never worked, and just turns mouldy. There is actually now a mould patch near the light in the kitchen that has a diameter of about 10-15cm. One day I broke the dishwasher door, because I came downstairs and slipped in a puddle of water that had leaked through the light and came down on the door, cutting my hand on a knife. He hasn't fixed the shower, hasn't fixed the dishwasher, despite us telling him when he's come over in recent times. The only times he's come over is to replace the fucking filters in the rangehood (literally a sheet of fucking paper). It's his favourite thing in the world. Don't worry about WATER LEAKING THROUGH A LIGHT or a broken dishwasher, replace the paper in the thing above the stove. Won't commit to fixing the shower or the dishwasher. About a week ago, I get a call from the real estate agent telling us he wants to sell and we're about to get a 60-day fuck-off notice. Six hours later he calls me back and says don't worry, he's changed his mind. The other day I see the owner milling around out the front of the house looking at the paint and shit, then he sees me, mumbles something incoherent (he's Italian) and then leaves in a hurry. No talk, no chat, no communication on what he's doing. I just got a message from my housemate who's at home and he's round there now, unannounced, doing some sort of construction. Just now I got an email from the agent, and we've got 60 days to leave. I'm really fucking pissed off. He can do whatever he wants, of course, but no fucking communication whatsoever that he was planning on selling. None. I'm annoyed because I've settled in here really nicely, I've got an awesome situation going on with housemates, I've finally sorted out all the bills and rent and bond and shit. Now we're going to have go our separate ways. I'm sure there'll be resistance when I claim the cat and fridge as mine. I can't handle this shit. I'm not good at this real-life stuff. I live in the perfect location and moving is going to make angry and anxious and depressed, particularly if I end up in a shit house with shit people in a shit area. Fuck fuck fucking hell.

oh yeah and anyone says 'check your lease' and i'll cut ya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdJVX2SINaA

Two months is a nice amount of notice, though.

Is the cat yours?

Man you have a nice little lawsuit, too, with cutting your hand, if you were so inclined.

Anyways, have you all talked, yet? Maybe you could find a place together.

A quick story. I have lived in my current share house for about two-and-a-half-years now. For longer than that time, the shower has leaked through the light in the kitchen. The owner's idea of fixing that problem is putting silicon in the shower, which has never worked, and just turns mouldy. There is actually now a mould patch near the light in the kitchen that has a diameter of about 10-15cm. One day I broke the dishwasher door, because I came downstairs and slipped in a puddle of water that had leaked through the light and came down on the door, cutting my hand on a knife. He hasn't fixed the shower, hasn't fixed the dishwasher, despite us telling him when he's come over in recent times. The only times he's come over is to replace the fucking filters in the rangehood (literally a sheet of fucking paper). It's his favourite thing in the world. Don't worry about WATER LEAKING THROUGH A LIGHT or a broken dishwasher, replace the paper in the thing above the stove. Won't commit to fixing the shower or the dishwasher. About a week ago, I get a call from the real estate agent telling us he wants to sell and we're about to get a 60-day fuck-off notice. Six hours later he calls me back and says don't worry, he's changed his mind. The other day I see the owner milling around out the front of the house looking at the paint and shit, then he sees me, mumbles something incoherent (he's Italian) and then leaves in a hurry. No talk, no chat, no communication on what he's doing. I just got a message from my housemate who's at home and he's round there now, unannounced, doing some sort of construction. Just now I got an email from the agent, and we've got 60 days to leave. I'm really fucking pissed off. He can do whatever he wants, of course, but no fucking communication whatsoever that he was planning on selling.

Run the shower for a few minutes then turn on the kitchen light, short out the electrical system and maybe burn the place down in the process (just get OutCat to safety first), that'll show him.

Airport is the worst I have ever seen today. TSA was abysmally inefficient, gate agent showed up literally one minute before the start of boarding, and then they sent us to the wrong boarding door twice. Really hope the pilots are more in the ball today than the airport staff.

Airport is the worst I have ever seen today. TSA was abysmally inefficient, gate agent showed up literally one minute before the start of boarding, and then they sent us to the wrong boarding door twice. Really hope the pilots are more in the ball today than the airport staff.

I wonder if United's glitch this morning just fucked things up at the airports in general.

In other Random Airplane Talk: I'm flying into Minneapolis instead of Milwaukee. More driving (and a red-eye), but it's saving me over $200. And I can stop at my folks' house on the way to Milwaukee and take a nap. Ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom