Random Music Talk CX: Obscured By Cobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barely anyone makes a solid living off music and touring alone anymore. A band like Wilco sure as hell isn't living off the one-thousandth of a cent they get from each Spotify play.

For fans of Beach House, or just super chill, low-fi dreamy pop/soft rock, I would absolutely recommend you listen to Mac Demarco's new EP. All over in less than 25 minutes, really nice.

That was the one thing I noticed about the Dropkick Murphys--speaking of bands who will slap their logo on anything and sell it. I don't think they've upped their ticket prices more than 5 bucks in the last decade.

Didn't Fugazi do a similar thing, where they actively struggled to keep ticket prices as low as possible? They started with a ticket price of $5 in the early 90s, as that meant they could still maintain a profit, and only raised it to $10 or $15 as the cost of touring (fuel etc) rose.

That sounds like something they would have done.

996 posts and cobbler is online. Tread carefully, folks.

For anyone interested, here's an article detailing Pomplamoose's touring profits/losses in 2014. https://medium.com/@jackconte/pomplamoose-2014-tour-profits-67435851ba37

It shows that they made an $11,819 loss for four weeks of touring; personally, I think that could have been avoided if they had cut from the production expenses, but maybe that stuff's essential to having a good show for them? Dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom